Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CFD Squads

The KB toy outlet in Castle Rock Colorado has the CFD squads for $28.88 for each piece. They also had a few JD Frieghtliners for the same price.

Re: CFD Squads

Not like I needed one more reason to dislike Code 3, but thanks for giving me one more for the list......

John,

Why does this bother you? These items are long past their shelf date. Also IIRC they were offered on the Code 3 site in one of their sales.

Jeff

I have long wanted these but haven't been able to justify buying an entire set just for two different trucks.

now, I'll finally be able to get just one of each.

Jeff....

They released the E-one rescues piece by piece but not the CFD Squads. They did offer the whole set at 50% off.... Like everything else, I paid full price. Luckily I had 2 other ATEVers buy-in with me and we split the set so it only cost us 100 bucks each for 2 trucks, but I will NEVER buy another continuity set ever again b/c I know now this is how C3 operates. I'm glad I didn't buy a release from them this year, and if they keep "retooling" and repainting, I won't buy anything anytime soon. You love them and everything they do, I can't stand them and would love to see another company or two take the 1/64 scale market open and put them in bankruptcy. I look forward to that day on the "What's New" page.

Just like a broken record and it gets old after hearing the same OLD stuff month after month after month. REPAINTS, RETOOLS. We all know you don't like Code 3 so do we really need to hear it time and again?????

Actually John I think you would be surprised to know I only purchased 2 trucks this year at regular price. The remander of my purchases were at sale or clearance price.

The Squads were sold as a continuity. Like you I purchased a set and split it with 2 other collectors. The FDNY rescues were done the same way. Unitl recently one could not purchase the individual pieces. And then the people began to ***** and moan about the splitting of the sets.

Do I "love Code 3 and every thing they do"? No and obviously you don't know my past history with them. However, I do take objection to the constant barrage of attacks by collectors on a company that really hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. There is not a single successful diecast company out there that does not re-use their molds. The most likely fact is Code 3 will remain alone in the 1/64 scale market. This scale still is not as widely accepted as the other scales. Also Code 3 basically created the collectible fire apparatus in this scale. Code 3 still makes some of the nicest and best detailed models in any scale.

I respect your choice not to collect their models. What I don't understand is why people feel the need to knock Code 3 at every chance they get.

Jeff

---"Also Code 3 basically created the collectible fire apparatus in this scale."---

You mean what ever scale they feel like making a supposed 1/64 piece this year?

Funnily enough, I said the same thing when the rescues were being sold as single units, and like John A, I left a 2 line remark and left it.
But I find it amazing that the same people who dont like us to make an "off the cuff" remark concerning C3's practices, always have to come in and leave their "same response", but tell us they dont like to read "our" remarks all the time, and then go on to leave the bigger posts of all.
Oh, all except for the new name posts that come from nowhere, using a name thats never been seen on the board before, like Boot One from Connecticut !

Pete you still win the prize for best post of 2006 with the infamous missing "Traffic Cone" issue!! I still read that post once a week and still don't see the cones in the picture

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)