Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ARE YOU BUYING A TOTALLY RED LADDER????????????????

John

length is app 5,5 inch, height 2 and wheels 0,5

I took 1 inch = 2,2 cm

Quint is smaller in length ( If you want one can help)

Location: The Netherlands, the behind the ***** wooden shoe and grasscountry

Re: Del P Ladder Question

john,not sure about the hp-75 because mine is on order.i do have the bohemia 1/87 bronto.i have to say it's pretty much right on scale witht the boley spartan.i think that it look's out of scale with the athearn ford's.i know that a few people have commented that the athearn's are not out of scale for the apparatus of that era.to me they look way out of scale.although i think the accuracy of them is incredible i can't seem to mix them with my boley's,matchbox,del prado etc.i'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my del prado e-one,rescue,quint and pumper.they will be going right in with my other 19 piece's in 3 station's.

I think that the Del Prado Bohemia Pierce Bronto and E-One Montreal ladder are a tad bit larger than the Boley Spartan pumpers, but not so much larger that they look out of place. They sit with the rest of my 1-87 collection and look just fine. And, yes, those Athearn Ford C's are dead-on, scale wise. In reality, when placed next to a modern custom cab pumper, a Ford C pumper looks like a toy. That's how much larger today's apparatus really is.

I, too, am looking forward to recieveing my DP E-One and Pierce quints!

jm82 i sent you a pm about a month ago.did you ever receive it ?.

Isj, I did not recieve it. Sorry.

Isj, just shoot me an e-mail.

JM82 CHECK YOUR PM E-MAIL. THANKS

I just received my E-One and Pierce ladders. Thank you Hans.

Based on the post office inspection, the Pierce looks dead on 1/87. However the E-One looks about 1-2 feet too narrow. The overall length looks fine but it is a skinny bugger. In the next day or 2 I will take the calipers to them and give a review.

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)