Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FIRST GEAR/"OTHER" CONVERSION

Been some talk about First Gears new (sort of new) 1/64th line of trucks. These models have opening hoods, detailed engine compartment with chrome parts, plus opening doors, and a fully detailed and painted interior. The cabs are generic, but the detail is fantastic. I imagine a fire pumper would be sweet.

This is a Mack Granite Cab, attached to a "Other Company" Saulisbury Rescue body. Simple repaint for FDFF, but makes a different model. Decals haven't been applied yet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: FIRST GEAR/"OTHER" CONVERSION

That's nice work.....

I have a couple of the FG 1/64 snow plows--detail is outstanding. I would love to see FG put some effort into some type of modern fire apparatus in 1/64. Since FG does lots of "breadbox" type models, I'm thinking something along the lines of an E-One Cyclone II or Pierce Arrow or KME. They could letter E-ones for Boston, Pierces for DC/Baltimore or KMEs for Military (Navy) Installations.

Even better if they did a run of blank white ones--the possibilities would be endless!

Nice work though on the custom Chuck!

Chuck impressive, when you gonna answer y email????

Chuck, I like it!

Certainly is good!

DECALED

Put some FDFF decals Mike Adams made for me, plus other emergency decals sent by Ed Baldini. May build a comm tower and attach to rear. Nice addition to fleet, and not very difficult to construct. Of all the "Other" early issues, the plastic "lights" on this body come off easy for repainting.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)