Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C3CC

I know I should have not renewed my Code 3 Memebership, but I did, and two days ago I recieved my C3CC e-one ladder. Code 3 also charged my credit card charged for $4.95 (Shipping), I paid $19.99 for the membership, and got a "free" ladder and had my credit card charged $19.99 plus $4.95 for shipping the "free" ladder. Is there something wrong with this picture? I e-mailed Code 3 and got an automated e-mail about getting a responds in 48 hours, well I am still waiting for thier response. I don't ever remember paying shipping for the "free" C3CC model. Has anybody been hit with shipping charges for the "free" C3CC model? P.S. I am also a Gold Member and should pay 1/2 of the shipping charges if any, but still feel I am being ripped off by these @#$%%^^^!***%%, Why don't they advertise the price of the C3CC membership as $24.94 if they are going to bill for shipping the "free" membership truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: C3CC

I have to agree with you Julius, the page concerning joining/renewing club membership mentions nothing about paying shipping, but DOES say, "recieve this truck absolutely free" and is very misleading.
(although it also says recieve quarterly newsletters too!)
I am an international member, and I pay $10 more than you, and yet I qualify for free shipping being a platinum member.
As a side note though, before becoming platinum, I always paid shipping, or half shipping on the membership piece.
Its very misleading, as everywhere else in life, if something is offered free, you always get the disclaimer in brackets, (you only pay such & such for postage & handling)

Getting back to the club membership though, I personaly enjoy the benefits, that $30 is always the best $30 spent, and I have reaped the rewards with the $10 average saving per model, as well as the free shipping to the UK.
No complaints from me there.

This shipping fiasco started when these items were shipped--I had a huge fight with customer service because of this.

Let me refresh everyone's memory: Most of us were charged $4.99.....some, like myself we're charged $7.99. Code 3 acknowledged the mistake and said they would credit my credit card. 1 week later, no credit. I called again, they said "actually instead of crediting you on your card, we're giving everyone $10 in rescue rewards" That ****** me off b/c know it forced me to buy a model to get my 'refund.' 1 MONTH later I STILL had neither a credit on my card or $10 in rewards and called back wanting to speak to a supervisor because each time prior I would speak to Molly and she was USELESS. This time I got a male rep and he was great--posted the 10 bucks to my account on the spot.

So my advice, since you can't call, harass the hell out them by email, if that doesn't work, dispute the charge with your credit card company. That will force C3 to respond.

Gotta love customer service!

Ahhhhh... but you can call. Call Funrise directly, 800-882-3808.

Well, I reupped and the shipping was free....Only a "red" to boot!

Well I received an email from code 3 they stated since I ordered an oversize item (FDNY Ladder 10 on backorder) I will have to pay $5.85 shipping and they ignored my inquiry for the $4.95 shipping of a "FREE" membership e-one. I called funrise, they said they only change credit card information for code 3. I will be returning the truck and not renewing my membership. Thanks for the help guys.

Julius

Quit their club in April 2002 (a year prior to my membership expiration date). I still say they make a superior product, but would not deal directly with that bunch. If I see something I like, I purchase at membership price, with better shipping, from Bill at PTH. At least he appreciates his customers.

A while Scott Schellhase said that you could email him directly if you had a problem. I did this once and was satisfied. You might try this. Here is the address: scottschellhase@code3.net

THANKS,
I will e-mail scott and hope this gets fixed.

Julius

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)