Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buyer beware--bad custom PD dealer

Many of you responded to my post concerning the defective Impala Police car I rec'd from a custom PD car maker.... Well, I feel compelled to post his website to ensure my fellow collectors do not fall into the same trap:

www.grantsafetygear.com/

STAY AWAY from this custom maker. Not only are his cars not as described, he'll respond to you within 10 minutes if he thinks you're going buy, but ignores your emails when you have a problem. While it took him 3 days to respond when I asked for my money back for sending me a defective/innaccurate car, he has yet to respond about reimbursing me for shipping it back. My thought is I shouldn't get wacked 2X for shipping to/from given that he charged 7 bucks to ship my order--an order he knew **** well was defective.

Based on your responses, and rather than incurring 14 bucks in shipping costs, I'm going see if I can salvage the car, but the point of this email is that there are some crappy dealers out there and I found one of them the hard way. I'm just trying to save you guys the aggrivation. Stay away from www.grantsafetygear.com/

Thanks for all the replys on how to repair my Impala....

John

Re: Buyer beware--bad custom PD dealer

John,

Sorry to hear about your deal. I appreciate you posting the site. It lets others make an informed decision concerning a purchase.

Over the years the one thing I have noticed about custom makers is they all believe they are making quality items. This guy has probably sold a bunch of cars and you are the first to complain. Thus he thinks you are the problem not him.

Jeff

Re: Buyer beware--bad custom PD dealer

And of course just 2 hours AFTER I sent him an email telling him that I was going to post on various sites how I was very unhappy with his work, he responds saying that he didn't feel the need to explain the delay in responding and that he had offered me a refund including the cost to ship it back.

Amazing what it takes to get some people to respond to an email!! Anyway, I will now send the car back and wait for the refund and be done with it. At least now the ball is in my court and if he doesn't refund my $$, I can contact Paypal. But I think it's a done deal.

I too like when people post good/bad experiences on the Board. It truly does help collectors. There are some good guys out there and I found a lot of them through this site and also learned of a few to avoid.

John A.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)