Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Deal with Del Prado

Here's the deal with Del Prado models...

1. No more toolings are planned, beyond the 150 created to date.

2. Of those 150 toolings, only a couple dozen replicate US or Canadian rigs.

3. Of those couple dozens American rigs, the quality varies widely. In my opinion, it ranges from reasonably good to awful. The quality in also uniformly lower than the Euro and Asian rigs, in my opinion.

4. Jeff Silver, who posts on this board, has a company that is working on a repaint series of models. He's asked for feedback in other postings.

5. You can obtain Del Prado models through a number of means, all of which have been detailed, discussed, and debated in earlier posts.

6. Did I miss anything?

mjl

Re: The Deal with Del Prado

Yes, I missed a couple things:

6. The construction of the models varies greatly, suggesting that perhaps different factories (or would that be manufacturing processes?) were used to make the various models.

7. The models vary in scale. Deal with it.

8. The models are not necessarily precision scale, but reasonably close.

mjl

another thing is we have to quit crying about del prado especially when it comes to ho scale or 1/80 scale.i never even had anything close to realistic as far as an ho ladder until i got my bronto.the quint and the hp-100 show promise too so if the hp-75 does not have a turntable so what ?.if your a kitbasher like me, you can replicate a turntable and light's,acc's etc.del prado has been a step in the right direction.they are not asking a mint for their model's either.

9.DelPrado is not a collectible company, they are a toy company, and they dont care about you, how many models you have, how many models you want, box art, packaging, lime, roto rays, email, customer service, high quality, collectors clubs, shipping dates, tracking numbers, FDNY, your favorite, my favorite, Mike's favorite, kit bashing, powercall sirens, scale, accuracy, edition size, ummm,,,,I think thats it. But, they do care about money and not a lot of expense in re-tools.

A possible correction to Mike's #1. They have been contacted to possibly extend another line that is dormant right now. Could be good for them, as it transates in to money for them. Not sure how it will effect us.

""7. The models vary in scale. Deal with it.""

I do deal with it... I don't buy em.

Making models in multiple scales is fine, just make them to the scale advertised.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)