Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
del prado new release miami pumper

when the new model 142 del prado was announced it was supposed to be 1/80 scale.now i see from the awesomediecast website it's labeled as 1/64 scale.anyone know the truth ?.

Re: del prado new release miami pumper

I have several in my hands and I can say that they are a bit bigger than 1/87 but much smaller than 1/64 !!!

thank you dave.does it say what scale it is on the base ?.

"officially" 1/80 !!!

Belgian David, how much is "a bit bigger", like next to a Boley Spartan pumper or some other true 1/87 scale model? Just wondering, as I'm tempted to buy one of these for my 1/87 collection. Thanks!

anyone that want's a pierce quantum engine for their ho layout or station will be hugely disappointed with the miami-dade pierce quantum.while i'll say it is a nice model for the price it's way out of scale for ho.i'm hoping that will not be the case for the las vegas rescue.

Here is the Las Vegas Rescue next to a Boley Engine.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Jeff

thank's jeff.in the photo it look's like the spartan engine is a tad taller than the rescue.is this the case ?.do you think the rescue is acceptable with a mix of ho stuff ?.i know you had said that it scale's out as being a bit long.also for anyone interested the dp quint is a beaut !.to me it look's pretty accurate.one of our neighboring town';s just got a real one,and the model look's very close.the paint scheme is the same too.

Here are some comparison shots with the Del Prado E-One ladder, NJI Pierce, and Spartan

It is a bit large but IMAO it is too nice to ignore. I will most likely put this in a house with another Del Prado or by itself.

jeff thank you very much for the great example photos and your help.to me it definetly look's in scale,especially next to a dp bronto.i thought the bronto was huge at first.thinking back though it was one of the biggest fire truck's i ever saw.

I'm still debating whether or not to buy the Quantum rescue. I'm grateful for Jeff posting the comparison pictures, but it appears that the Quantum cab is out of proportion size-wise compared to the Boley Spartan cab, which is more in line with 1/87 than the Quantum is. Yes it is a nice rig, though.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)