Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who Has The Truest Scales? Who Doesn't?

Whenever a particular die-cast company gets based for inaccurate scales, I always wonder what the bigger picture looks like. So... who are the most/least accurate companies?

First Gear is precision scale all the way, correct?

Die-Cast Promotion's large-scale monsters are probably precision scale as well, thought I don't know for sure.

Code 3 has had their oops with regard to scale.

Corgi?

Del Prado has been well discussed.

Athearn is probably spot-on.

Boley?

Yat-Ming?

mjl

Re: Who Has The Truest Scales? Who Doesn't?

Probably Code 3's biggest scaling boo-boo was the aerial on the Backdraft Mack ladder.....

If Athearn is dead on--which I think they are, it brings into question Corgi's interpretation of 1/50--my Corgi E-one Heavy Rescue (Boston) and Athearn Boston Ford C Pumper are pretty much the same size and having seen the actual rigs side by side, the Rescue is significantly larger. So I don't think Corgi is all that perfect.

For me, it's about how the rigs look when placed together in a layout. I'm not critical about an inch here or there. Most Boleys look good with matchbox and Athearn; Code 3's look good with some of the earlier Road Champs and Ertl Pierce pieces and Corgi's just look good with one another.

No, Code 3's biggest scale flub was the '74 Seagrave tiller. Nice model, but it's not too any particular scale.

Sorry Jam man, I have to go with the Ford F450 REP truck. Its as tall and wide as an engine. The LDV would have to be next, its bigger than anything else in scale they have done.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)