Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A big lump of coal for Code 3 this Christmas!!

On Dec. 4 I mailed in an order (with check) for 2 of the Christmas Pierces. To date no trucks and not even an acknowledgement on "my account" that the order was received. Think I can get a straight answer from anyone on how to find out if they ever received the order? All I got was disinterested telemarketers who kept insisting I had to go on line to find out the answer. Humbug! All that amounts to is a giant merry-go-round. If I ever do get the order it will be the last they will ever see of me or my money ever again!

Re: A big lump of coal for Code 3 this Christmas!!

In April 2002, I ******* about the Other Company and their attitude, but everyone called me the A-Hole. How has it taken this long for common sense to prevail, and people to finally realize that the service we received from great customer relation people like Jewel and a few others ended when they were terminated. Not slighting Charlie or others who held on and thought conditions would eventually improve, just wondering why it took so long.

But the Bluebird LIVES!!!

I too will not be renewing my membership this time around, although I am starting to wonder if they will even continue offering the membership program anyway.

Yea...I remember the good ole' days when you could call Code-3 and ask questions and actually talk to somebody. It's obviously all about the $$$$ for them now. As long as the pieces keep selling out, who gives a **** if anybody has a problem!!

I think Code 3 have really problems...

Perhaps is it better to buy from a retrailer such PTH or West Col ... We always can call them or email them with questions , they always give us a reply not like C3.

Patrick.

I was reading an article over here in the UK about the thousands of people who jam the emergency 999 (911) phone lines every day with trivial things, taking up valuable time and possibly making the operator miss or delay a vital emergency, and it makes me realise why code 3 got rid of the customer service number.
After seeing the fiasco over on the code 3 board,(and now the same stuff on the code 3 version 2 board) I can imagine the stupid questions and petty moans code 3 staff would have had to put up with.
This obviously has an effect on the people who realy do need to contact code 3, like the poster of this thread.

Call me lucky, but this last year, I have only needed to contact them twice, the first time was on the morning of the big sale, as I am in the UK, the website would not allow me to order any of the mets/yankee's pumpers, even though I was giving an american address to send them to, so I had to persevere and be on hold for 20 minutes, but I got it sorted.
The second time, was one solitary LA freightliner was not shipped 4 weeks after the others had, so I emailed them to say my customer no longer wanted it.
An hour later, it was deleted from my account section.

My ordering has always been trouble free, I order, I get billed, a few days later (sometimes more than a few) I get a tracking number, within 3 days after that, it on my door in the UK.
The only time they have fouled up, was when they did the red and lime pair of Macks, I opened my package and found 2 red ones, and they sent another lime one, and told me to keep the spare red one.
And only once have I ever emailed them in anger, and I recieved a black indy tower for my trouble. (that was the point of my email, the fact that as a serious collector, I was deprived of this item because of the low number, and allocation rules)
I for one, will always still have a gripe about their lack of info, their inability to remove wording from their website that does not apply anymore, and also the last year with such low numbers, people will not attain or retain their gold/platinum status, but from a customers point of view, they, to me, have been faultless. (Oh, except for the time their administrator upset me on the code 3 board, when I remarked that the L10 will be available december for shipping january, and I said that it will more than likely be february, and I got slated for it. BUT, look who is laughing now, when is it being sacheduled for, FEBRUARY !!!!! And they closed the board down because of this .......

Write Scott Schellhase direct at scottschellhase@code3.net

NO lump of coal with the Engine 21 DP, Rather a Home Run for that price!

Last one out of the lavatory, please rattle the flush randle.....we don't want the water running too long after the flush.

Chariots of Fire, post your address, I will send some good Wisconsin Cheese to go with your whine.

Did you ever think your order never made it to Code 3? Lost in the mail is not their fault. Has your check been cashed? If not, what is the issue. Get over it and resend the order or use a credit card.

I too have never had an issue, or problem with ordering from them. If I like what they have to offer, I will buy it, if not I won't.

As far as level of detail, I dare anyone to say they have not made incrediable leaps in that area. Just compare some of the fist units issued against those of now and you can easily see the differences.

Same thing is happening to me what a discrace call after call Email after Email very sad.Get over it?? Wait till it happens to you

WIFFEMT you missed the point! I realize the order could have gotten lost in the mail. I even understand that, I really do!! It happens once in a while. What I do not appreciate is the fact that Code 3 has made it nigh unto impossible to get a straight answer about things. That is just plain wrong. Being considerate of customers did not go out with high button shoes or the internet. They want your business but apparently are not interested in addressing real concerns. Besides I did reorder via e-mail and will certainly look for my cancelled (or uncancelled) check with my next bank statement. I'm not stupid.

I have had it happen to me. UPS delivered to the wrong address and my truck was never to be seen again. Code 3 replaced the truck no charge.

They have no record of your mailed in order. I am not sure what you want them to do? Yes, very frustrating, but you also have the ability to call your bank and see if the check was cashed even before your statement arrives.

Now, you want frustrating, paid for an item by check at the store (not mail order) check never came back cancelled. After 3 months I put a stop payment on the check so that if it did turn up, I would know. Over a year later, the check suddenly appears cashed on my statement. When I asked my bank why they let this check clear after I put a stop payment on it and the fact it was over a year old, they said that I was such a good customer of the bank, they thought I would not have a problem with it. And the stop payment fee I paid was really only good for a month. Thankfully it was only a small amount, and the store was still in business so the money just didn't go into someones hands.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)