Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boley's new Spartan repaints

There are a few Boley Spartan repaints on Boley's website, sceduled to be released this month. Along with the pumpers is a solid red with plain white striping Spartan quint. These rigs all have red wheels instead of the silver wheel covers. You can check these rigs out on fireengines.net on a thread started by Rich Krom, or go to Boley's website and click on "Spartan" or "S&S." If you click on "What's New", nothing is being shown.

Nice to see that Boley is still in the game, even if they're just repaints. Hopefully they'll be offering up some new rigs next year.

Re: Boley's new Spartan repaints

Maybe not "repaints", but the wheels are red and there are no numbers within the body striping, as offered in previous models.

I'd like to see the rescues in white, yellow and the police version shown in the prepro photos.

Jeff

Jeff, I will pass along your wish's. Perhaps it can be done in Feb. But sadly, dont look for any new fire products from Boley. Maybe a letter writing campaign to them would help, but the owner doesnt see why he should make new fire apparatus, even though they sell every one they make. Go figure

What? is this another "bad" company that just takes our money and only offers more and more repiants!!!!!

We made them what they are!!! They need to listen to us!!!!! And where are my "club" benefits too!!!

Rich, who is the owner? I've written to Boley before and gotten replies from "Florence", whom I assumed was Larry Alsman.

Yep, I don't get it, either. A guy doesn't want to make a certain product anymore, even though the product sells and it would make money for the company. I guess it's more of a hassle than it's worth???

The owner (Ronald) really does not get involved in the day to day operations of the Hobby Line. Boley is first, a toy company. And they do quite well with toys. The HO stuff is part of the Hobby Line. Larry handles all of the hobby line. Florence answers all of the emails that go to Boley, unless its for orders. The controller, Kenny, also sees all of the emails. Kenny would be a great person to address the letters to, but maybe one could suggest that Ronald see them as well. I have a correct size and shape body for the really terrible ambulance, but I have not submitted it because I am told no more fire. So its out of my hands now. The only way we will ever see more fire release's is to pound them with emails or requests. If you get your Boley stuff from a dealer, hit the dealer with requests as well.

It is baffling that they don't want to make more of something that sells well. I know last year at the Lynnfield, MA Muster & Flea Market they sold like hotcakes...the new resuces in particular. It also seems the online retailers have sold out of quite a few of them as well.

Maybe it is time for an encouraging email/letter to be sent to them.

I think there is a lot of potential if they ever did produce the Pierce's that we were shelved, or maybe even some E-Ones.

Hi Rich
what was the Boley Pierce set going to be ?
a Dash Lance etc..
Engine, Ladder, Ladder Tower, Heavy Rescue Tanker etc.....?
Thanks
Mike

It was a five truck deal. I was already working on the Hawk wildland engine. There was to be an engine, ladder, tower, and heavy rescue. I had been given the blueprints from Pierce and was going to do the bodies from scratch. Once the Pierce deal got shelved, I did the heavy rescue that you see on the Spartan. I have also completed a side mount pump panel for the Spartan, but its a no go as well. Go figure.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)