Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yat Ming 1:43 Releases - With Photos

http://fireengines.net/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=139a40ea7773a04b4e50244832c5ed75&topic=2154.0

Re: Yat Ming 1:43 Releases - With Photos

Thanks very much for posting that link, Larry. It's about time someone made fire apparatus in a scale common to car collectors - never did understand why Corgi popularized 1:50th for trucks and fire engines when 1:43rd was the most common diecast scale - it's not like it's a lot larger. Wish that yellow truck was red or white, though. Also hope that Yat Ming eventually makes all the trucks they've done in 1:24th in 1:43rd - they'd take up a lot less space, even if the detail wouldn't be as fine.

I can't seem to access the photos based on the code given. Can the new Yat Ming info and pix be added to the "Yat Ming New Releases" entry already seen on the fireengines.net home page?

John:

I emailed you the photos.

I think the 1/50 comes from being closer to actual "O" gauge(1/48) for model rail roaders. 1/43 is visually too large for "O." I am on the other end of the street on the new Yat-Mings. I wish they had done them in 1/50 to match what else has been released in recent years. I'll probably be passing on the 1/43 stuff.

(for the record "O" is 1/43 in the UK & 1/48 in the US)

Models will be available in April.

Not yet in April

Patrick.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)