Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whatever happened to the LDV ?

I wonder if 2007 will rekindle the LDV mold?
Considering they (code 3) have the rights to make NYPD & FDNY models, why they never released an LDV in those liveries.
Plus of course, all the other fire and police depts who use them.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Whatever happened to the LDV ?

They are finalizing the design for their issue of a Bluebird Mobile Command Bus. So please do not disturd their slumber.

Ps: Happy Holidays to All, and especially the Elves (pictured below) residing in Woodland Hills.

Chuckie, they moved from Woodland Hills. They live in Van Nuys now!

the NYPD LDV would be a very smart move on C3s part.

I agree that this is a no brainer. I even have a couple extras hoping to get a custom done. But alas the time to do so eludes me.

Jeff

That's a great job on that conversion, and I agree that it makes sense for Code 3 to do NYPD and FDNY versions. But personally I'd prefer to see them do one that's painted something other than plain white. There are a number of state police agencies, for example, that use that same size LDV CP and have two-tone colors - for example, Virginia State Police, Indiana State Police, Massachusetts State Police, etc etc.

They rekindled it to Firehouse Subs. For the price of $25.00 which is $55. Lower than what Code 3 was asking for it.Firehouse Subs Christmas Promotional piece is great for the price!It can be viewed at firehouse.com !

Arlington County has a nice one, I'd love to see that one too.

Chuck....ole mate, what I want to know is?, when Code 3 finally make(and they are going to make it one day, we all hope for yours and our sake) the Blue Bird Bus what is your nexxt favourite piece that they(and we) are going to hear about for the next six years(gotta give it to you for persistence and longevity).

I'm still waiting for a BlueBird Command Bus after all these years. A silver FDEP unit would be an excellent choice.

By the way, I'm 40 pounds lighter now (a sleek 210), so the bus won't need a shock absorber change for sometime.

Happy New Years

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)