Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear warning light package on FDNY Excursions

Does anyone have a picture of what these look like when deployed? I recall seeing pix of some of the Suburbans from the late 90's that had a different rear warning package and saw pix of those deployed. I assume this new design also extends vertically for visibility in the hopes of preventing getting smashed into from behind, but I can't visiualize it b/c it almost looks like a solid pair of light bars from the photos.

I saw pix of the Del P. model (FDNY Excursion) and it appears to have replicated the light package (probably not functionally), but I was curious to see what these looked like when deployed.

Re: Rear warning light package on FDNY Excursions

Hey John, out of curiosity, have you seen these people before, I found them by accident.
Pete.
http://www.carorama.com/

YES Pete!!

They are OUTSTANDING!! Great quality, perfect accuracy. If you look under Massachusetts, I ordered the Fall River Police (where I was born and raised) 2 cars in 1/43 and then had one made in 1/24. I have to admit they are the best looking customs in my collection and for that matter, the best looking police cars period.

The only issue is that it took a little over a month from the time I placed the order to get the cars. Not sure if they increased production but ultimately you will not be dissappointed

I'm still doing battle to get my money back from the the guy that made me the crappy Alexandria VA Custom and Capitol Police. Sent the car back nearly 2 weeks ago (Priority mail with confirmation so I know he has it) and he still hasn't posted my refund. May have to take this one up with Paypal and my Credit Card.

As for Carorama......A+ I had a great experience!

Those are Whelen Highway series lightbars, their web site has pics of it extended

http://www.whelen.com/details_prod.php?head_id=4&cat_id=27&prod_id=220

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)