Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NMM 1936 Seagrave

NMM #9 the 1936 Seagrave w/ sweetheart grill is still around. It's owened by Matt Lee, the author of the Seagrave books. Rig is an Ex-woonsocket, R.I.
The model is quite accurate including the low mounted Roto-ray, siren, Mars Light, etc.

Re: NMM 1936 Seagrave

Yes I think he owns also a Seagrave Sweet Heart Tiller trailer.

Patrick.

Don't forget Matt's updated Seagrave book, shud still be available. I still have the original first ed, but bought the updated version from Matt at 2006 FDIC where he was set up at the Seagrave exhibit.

Which book are you talking about, I bought one few months ago the Seagrave 125th anniversary?

Patrick.

Patrick......Yes I am referring to the second edition Seagrave history that appeared last spring. The first was selling on E-bay for $200+ before the second ed came out. Matt also told me that he hoped to have the third & fourth vols of his history of the fire truck (1930's & 40's) published this year (2007). The first two volumes are outstanding, but now out of print.

Can anyone tell me how I can contact Matt Lee?? I am
from Woonsocket, RI originally and actually rode on that truck when I was a tender 12 year old. When I rode on it the unit was Engine #1 and the Chief of the Department at the time was a large Seagrave Stockholder.
Ronbo
p.s. Chucky I was tender at one time.

Paul... if you got contact with Matt Lee I will be glad to have a picture of the 1/1 Seagrave Sweet Heart pumper he owns.

I'm also searching for a picture of the Shippensburg 1936 Reo pumper, I only found Seagrave photo for Shippensburg F.D. for this period.

Patrick.

Ron: I have successfully contacted Matt Lee at PO Box 55, Plymouth, Michigan 48170. The address is inside the hardbound 1991 edition of "Seagrave A Pictorial History of Seagrave Fire Apparatus". You might give that a try.

Charley,
Thanks buddy, but, I was looking for an email address if Matt has one, but, will keep the snail mail address
just in case, thanks again.
Ronbo

Please contact Matt Lee at his PO box. His current e-mail address is his one at work - so not a good idea to contact him there as he will be retireing soon.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)