Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LA Fire photo site

Does anyone know where the LA Fire photo site that Orlando Ramos was doing has disappeared to? Has it closed down or has the URL changed?

Re: LA Fire photo site

There must be something wrong with it. I just tried the link to it off of fireengines.net and that one didn't work either. Maybe Code-3 shut them down too

It was hacked into three times. This last hack was fatal.

Orlando and the new webmaster, Seth, will be starting with "a new direction" for www.lafirephotos.com in the near future.

Thanks Larry

Off topic, but why the hell, or better yet, what pleasure is there into hacking into a site like that--or for that matter, any website?????

I realize there are the id theft folks that want credit card #'s, etc, so they hack secure sites. But this is a benign picture website with nothing but photos. Why would you want to ruin that????

Makes no sense. If/when they ever catch these guys (and most are internationally located), they should cut their hacking fingers off!

Don't mean to rant but this is a really irritating issue for me!

John:

I fully understand! I spent hundreds of hours developing www.lafirephotos.com. ALL of the time taking away from my family time. The good news is that Septh, the new webmaster, does have a backup of the entire site. So I hope the interactive views, maps, and other unique features will not be lost when the site develops its "new direction".

It finally got down to it, I could not handle two websites and resigned as webmaster for LAFirePhotos to concentrate on www.fireengines.net.

I wish my friends Orlando and Seth the best of luck.

Larry Lorance

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)