Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C3CC hot or not

Maybe not hot but still warm methinks

Loyalty Rewards GONE
Membership truck GONE
Free and reduced shipping is GONE after next year

Is it the deal it was - no, but I think it is still worth it

The discounts will pay back the $20 pretty qucik

The benefits that count to me is to have first crack at the releases when they come out and not have to deal with the leftovers

Seeing new rigs in the workshoo is important to me.

What this specail members email is and how much effort C3 puts into it to give it value will be VERY important. Even if C3 uses teh memebers email as a way to collect feedback al la focus group it can be an invaluable insight into their thinking.

Re: C3CC hot or not

The only thing I am out on now, is as my membership was paid up in advance for a few years, I now have NO truck, as I was going to renew this month.
If I had a bit of a heads-up concerning the free truck dissapearing, I would have renewed a few days ago.

See this thread over on the FireEngines.net forum....

http://fireengines.net/smf/index.php?topic=2309.0

NOT! Will not renew when it expires...not worth it.

I think the answer is ICE COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, given I didn't buy a single release last year and don't think the workshop is updated nearly enough, I'll keep my $20.00 and put it into another piece of diecast that I want.

Every now & then, there comes something that just makes me sit back & laugh. They used to see how they could improve from year to year. The past 3 years or so, it seems they are intent on seeing how deep in a whole they can go, before even the most die hard C3 fan tells them to lump it.

another "happy new year go screw yourself" from code 3.

so much for the "tenth anniversary" expectations.

this charter members done.

With the Lafayette Quantum, and the talk of a L.A. tiller, and even the rumors of a Bronto had many of us looking foward to better times at C3...Well that dillusion just went down in flames. They should have just done away with the club entirely, It's obsurd that you are paying money to be offered a discount...a discount dealers already offer at no charge. Oh and the membership card! Which serves what purpose???

Add to that the price increase...and I understand inflation, but the rate C3's prices have inflated are completely unacceptable. Nothing else has seen prices inflate like that with the exception of real estate!

Even if the prices effect other diecast manufacturers, I'll still buy from THEM. A few more dollars for a Athearn, Yat Ming or First Gear are acceptable for the scale, quality and ACCURACY. Not for 1/64 or another pointless FDNY repaint.

C3CC hot? Not a chance. Too much out there with more of the classic variety.

They used to be, Jewel, Orlando, nice shows, Mom and Pop operations, RESCUE REWARDS, not this crap that Loyalty Rewards was, FREE truck, all good things, they can keep the preview before the public and all the rest of the NOTHING they have become over the last two years, repaints, not this guy, sorry to say
I too am gone, will use my dough for more 1/87 scale stuff and when they fold, which is a personal opinion that they will, the pieces I have left will replace some of the money that I have lost in some deals.
Ronbo

First GEAR??? The king of repaints??? The King of inaccuracy??? those words should never be in the same sentence as C3.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)