Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchbox series 22

Private collector looking for Matchbox series 22. All prices considered. Please post what city(s) you have and in or out of package along with your asking price plus shipping, insurance and delivery conformation. Serious buyer with CASH on hand ready to buy.. Also leave contact information and buyer will contact you directly

Re: Matchbox series 22

could you be more specific as to matchbox series 22 ?.
i have a huge matchbox fire/police/ems collection and may be able to help you out.pm me if you don't want to discuss it here.

PC is refering to the Premiere Class Series 22 which was cancelled for regualr production prior to its release. However there were a limited number of cars made and released to 4 departments. Those are
Salt Lake City Tahoe
Atlanta Crown Vic
Miami Camaro
Dallas Crown Vic

Even though Dallas was released in the largest quantities, it usually is the most difficult and expensive to obtain. This is because the cars were sold to department members prior to the public announcement of their existence.

I would expect a complete set of cars in the BP would go a few Bennies.

There were 2 other departments to be released as well in the series. They were Denver and Philadelphia. I have seen a preproduction mock up of the Philadelphia car. It looked good. Back when these were new I chased them. My call to the Philadelphia department of community affairs (or the like) stated they were aware of the series but when Matchbox wanted to charge the department for the cars they told them to forget it. The language used by the woman at PPD is not appropriate for this board.

Jeff

thank's for the explanation jeff.i alway's thought the atlanta car's were the hardest to find.i have a pretty extensive mb emergency collection with some dating back to the 60's but none of the one's you listed.i still remember how long i looked before i found the trucksville kme mini pumper.i think i have like 10 in my collection.

JB,
I have Salt Lake City Tahoe, Atlanta Crown Vic and Miami Camaro. All three are out of the packaging but they have been in a display case and I thik I have the packaging. I'll take $200 OBO for all three with everything included.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)