Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Allentown Pierce Ladder

Pix in the workshop of subject ladder truck. Nice looking for sure, but alas another "retool". Can't believe both FDNY pieces sold out already. What incentive is there for a company to do anything different than to repaint best sellers if they keep selling out

Re: Allentown Pierce Ladder

Not sure what the hell happened, but the subject post is from ME--John A. Not sure why Glenn's name shows up in the Name box. Too weird. Sorry for any confusion and of course it also posted twice!!

Very sharp rig, IMHO! I like it alot.

I like the rig. With family in Allentown, I'll get one.

And have you noticed, unlike the san diego pierce,(which should have had them, but they overlooked it) this one has the short doors, so they open out when parked next to the armco.

Funny...nobody's picked up yet on the 'that's fate for you' Allentown Pierce Rear Mount...

Of course, us 'old timers' remember it well...

Allentown, Pennsylvania, was once the very PROUD home town of Mack Fire Apparatus!

Wonder what it would be like seeing a Pierce Rear Mount responding to an alarm of fire at one of the former buildings that used to pump out (no pun intended) some of the GREATEST pieces of Fire Apparatus in the world?

Just for the record...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)