Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Franklin Mint repaint snorkel

Saw this on the net
http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/list_reviews/xq/ASP/ID.E417/qx/reviewpix.htm

Re: Franklin Mint repaint snorkel

That's a pretty good price too.....

I always liked that model, but never had the $$ or room for it.

RED

Check the color as it says "RED" in the ad.

I noticed that.....in all honesty, if I could get the red one at that price, that'd be outstanding. I think it's an error as it says release of March--so it must be the yellow version.

Look very close at the ad, it say RED not YELLOW.

Forget my last

Actually, I'd prefer to have a yellow one as opposed to the stars and stripes I own. Its just to gawdy for my taste, so I keep it in the box. But LIME, Fabulous LIME, would be the better.

I've got the red one. One of my favorites. FM always did nice work...even if it was a little pricey.

Well, I knew it was to good to be true. The price and color is now updated.

Lightly more expensive....

Patrick.

So did anyone cash in when it was listed as red at $139?

Just wondering if they are going honor that price?

Not sure.

Patrick.

Lime would be fantastik!!!!!

Well, I wondered if they would be honorable, here is their reply to my question:

"I had preordered the piece with price of $135. Now it's listed for $295. I assume you will be honoring my preorder that you had listed?"

REPLY:
We apologize for the confusion with regard to this item and the apparent unfortunate clerical error. We will be happy to cancel your pre-order if you like. However, the suggested retail price of $295 remains.

It's kinda what I expected. Since it's a tad more than a 60 cents difference, they can keep it. I bought a second red/white/blue unit and it will be refurbed and repainted yellow in the near future.... joe.

TECHNICALLY.....if you really wanted to be a d**k, if you have an email confirmation that you placed an order at that price, THEY HAVE TO HONOR IT! A few months ago I was at a well known retailer that had inadvertantly put the wrong model DVD player under a sign (with no model number) for $49.99--this actual DVD player retails for $169! We got into a HUGE fight, I took a picture with my camera phone. The store manager took the sign down, but had no choice but to honor the price. It's an error, yes, but if you cash in, they can't legally reneg after the fact.

Good luck.

Sure they don't want sell for the first price.
Not sure that it's very correct, but we can't do nothing.

Patrick.

I bought my Stars & Stripes on special at $89 (plus $20 shipping?) from them, or someone direct. I know of several others who got in on the same deal. It makes you think how much profit after R&D is in that almost $300 price.

Plus it is a very nice model, especially for around a "C" note. I don't think I'd pay the retail, but I did purchase a C3 C3CC white/black Seagrave in unopened mailer box for $365 once, and $150 for an unopened domed version. The market will get what the buyer is willing to pay (so wait for it to be on special).

http://www.diecastdirect.com/asp_modules/add_item.asp?ProductCode=FM-E417

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)