Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nice pic of new FDNY Pierce R1

From Mike Martinelli's site.....

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/manhattan/r1.htm

Let's see.....will Code 3 produce this......

Re: Nice pic of new FDNY Pierce R1

Nice to finally see a Pierce in the FDNY fleet! Best looking Rescue 1 yet! And, yes, Code 3 should make this one.

Nice truck. Much nicer that those E-Ones. Not sure about the chrome grill, though. C3 will do it. Only a matter or time (or when the others get some, then a set). Maybe if the other Rescue Co's don't get then they'll to this as a Diamond Plate.

Oooo. How'd they do that? It looks like the old one!

I'd like to see the specs on it to compare it to the E-One. It looks to be longer with an extra set of compartments. And of course we don't know walk the inside of the walk-through body looks like--technolically speaking.

Anyone know if the other 4 companies are getting Pierces? Also, is Rescue 6 still running or was that dibanded after the Convention?

JA

I really start to need using spell checker more after that last post!!

Should have read "what the walk-through....

"technologically" and "disbanded"

Hey John, you need to get out and about on the interner more often also.LOL.
The specs for this apparatus was posted a long while ago on the pierce site, with many photo's, and also the other board ran a thread about it, with again, many photo's.
You snooze...............etc.
pete.

Now Pete.....knowing that secret to sharp mind is hidden somewhere in 4pm tea..... ;) Undoubtedly you have committed the specs to memory, so at your leisure how about reposting them

Seriously, it looks slightly longer. The first thing that I noticed was the rescue boat did not appear to be mounted to the roof. Wonder where it is/went?

As far as the boat goes, (thats the only part I remember,) its only in opertaion at certain times of the year.
Possibly its not needed winter time, as any suicides who jump off the bridges, end up breaking their neck on the ice.

I think Mike shot it prior to going in service (the background is the "standard" one the photographers use outside of the FDNY shops) and my guess is it will have the boat on when it does go into service. I think they should have waited to take the pic until the boat is on, it's not the "true" R1 until the boat's on the roof.

It's not in service yet. Rumor is it won't fit into quarters, in part because it's too tall. I've heard they're modifying the house.

How does something like that happen?? Not fitting in the house.... When you deliver/approve final specs prior to building the rig, don't you take that into account with some type of +/- margin for error??

This amazes me that this can still happen.

The box does appear a bit longer however the cab is shorter. The extra cabinet on the box was on the E-One cab.

From what I have read this was purchased on the GSA contract for evaluation.

Also R1 usually removes the boat during the winter.

I doubt there is a fit issue as the last 2 rescues would have had to fit in the house with the boat on the roof. I can't believe it is that much taller.

To answer the other question, the last I knew R6 as a company is OOS. However the truck was at the Brooklyn ship yard confined space rescue. I assume it is being used by one of the other companies as a spare.

Oh yeah, if they build it I will buy it.
(along with the CFD HM and LAFD USARS, AZ ALF USARS etc.)

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)