Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wiking HO Rosenbauer Crash Truck

If you have not seen this model in person, it is super cool! Very well detailed with 2 figures inside, I bought mine at Burbanks House of Hobbies
www.houseofhobbies.com

Re: Wiking HO Rosenbauer Crash Truck

1:87 and all plastic, correct?

mjl

Yes and Yes.

I'm glad we got a 6x6 version of a crash truck. So many have been the 8x8. Now if we could only get a 1/87 Stryker.

Jeff

Amen on the 1/87 Stryker!

Are there any airports here in the U.S. that run one of these Rosenbauer 6x6's yet? Any on order that we know of?

Just photographed one 2 weeks ago in Tucson, Az

I haven't been able to find anything yet on the newly-designed Panther 6x6. Rosenbauer's website still shows the old Panther design.

Found something; the new Panther is called the CA5.

After the 1:87 we will also see the 1:43 scale version in metal. I hope they will bring out the New Castle truck it has a very nice color.

http://www.rosenbauer.com/tools/cms_media.php?mid=6109&size=huge

Is the Newcastle truck purple or blue? My color blind eyes won't let me distinguish which it is.

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Newcastle is one of two local Airports in the North East of England where I live. I have seen this Crash truck and it is indeed purple in colour with a diamond grade stripe seperating it from the white upper. Its a very striking and beautiful rig in the flesh. I hope it gets made as a diecast in the future. (Somebody please!!).

Darran.

I saw the Newcastle unit on display @ Interschutz 2005 and wud consider it to be BLUE in color.

Do any U.S. airports have the CA5 yet???

As far as I know, Rosenbauer has no plans to market these units in the USA at the present time. The Rosenbauer ARFF units for the USA are Mfg@ the General factory in Wyoming, Minn near Minneapolis. They even export chassis back to Austria for finish and sale in Europe and Asia. Chassis are shrink wrapped and trucked to Baltimore then via ship to Europe and truck again to the Rosenbauer Linz factory for pump, tank, body, final assy., etc.

It will take some time to gear up the Minnesota plant to produce the 'new' version of the Panther. They expect to market it over here in 08. Right now there is a substantial back-log of orders for the current Panther.

Thanks for the info.

As far as I know, Rosenbauer has no plans to market these units in the USA at the present time. The Rosenbauer ARFF units for the USA are Mfg@ the General factory in Wyoming, Minn near Minneapolis. They even export chassis back to Austria for finish and sale in Europe and Asia. Chassis are shrink wrapped and trucked to Baltimore then via ship to Europe and truck again to the Rosenbauer Linz factory for pump, tank, body, final assy., etc.

This will/could change probably faster then you can imagine.
the dutch firm that makes glassfibre reinforced polyester cab extentions/cabs ,boxes etc. is quit busy with plans of building a plant in the USA.
They're planning to sent the parts for assembly to the USA to finish it up.
They deliver to various firetruck builders like E-One Slingmann,C&C,Gemco,Somati ,CME,Ziegler AND Rosenbauer USA !!!
Not saying it is but some to think about.

Hans:

The Polistil Company that you are refering to in your post, is being represented over here by Alan Saulsbury (yes, that Saulsbury). Alan is building a facility outside of Syracuse to finish the Polistil bodies (bodies only) for American builders. So far the product has received only lukewarm interest. I think the only body sold so far was purchased by Alexis Fire Apparatus for a demo unit. Rosenbauer America will not be buying any polistil bodies.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)