Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Code 3 - FEB '07 releases

I'M WITH YOU,KEN & DON THERE WILL BE NO RENEWING MEMBERSHIP,AND I'M GOING BACK TO COLLECTING CORGI...THEY ARE CHEAPER AND GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME AND MORE MOLDS TO CHOOSE FROM....CODE 3 WILL NOT GET ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.

I was Surprised this month,
I got 2 of each
I really expected we were going to see
San Fran dark maroon ALF and
Gilbert Pierce Quantum this month
O well maybe next month. so much for rumors

I too, liked the new Feb releases. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one turned off by their higher prices. Getting out of my price range for what you get.

$55 Pumper $85 Ladder

I just read this post, and checked out "Other" sales page for first time in months. $55 for a Pumper, and $85 for a Ladder? Are they NUTS???

Let's look at this realistically....With smaller(1500) quantities of each run, Code 3 will have to do 2 things to cover the costs of molds. They are higher prices and REPAINTS. That is a fact of life and business. Most people have been grousing about all the FDNY and with bigger production runs they rarely sold out. As has been noted in many previous posts, just about every run since January of '06 has been a sellout and before they are available to nonclub members. Of course there are going to be repaints but there has been enough variety to keep some people interested. I am not thrilled with the price increase either or how the club "benefits" have been gutted. I passed on these releases even though they look nice and I am still debating about renewing club membership. Just my 1 cent worth.

I won't mind it so much if they would make some
new molds soon !
Say the Pierce Arrow XT's, the new Pierce Quantum's
(aka Chrome Quantums), the new Pierce Velocity would be sweeeet! a Pierce Mid Mount Tower, E-One Bronto skylift's, & Some Spartan's would be nice,
how about's some more from Ventura County, Lafayette PA's new tower, More Las Vegas, Clark County,
Boston, Chicago Dash Pierce Ladder tower, & international ambulance's & brush trucks.
LA County Truck 127 Crown Snorkel, we need to complete the Emergency 51 set.

Fall from Grace

Items sold to Liquidators, no return emails, too many repaints, concentration on FDNY at the expense of variety, discontinuation of helpful customer service, and general attitude towards loyal collector base contributed to the downward spiral this firm is now on. I always liked their product quality, even with the off scale cabs, but they really PO'ed their loyal following (HUGE MISTAKE), and this is the reason why runs started not to sell out, as collectors chose to look and spend their earnings elsewhere on products such as Corgi and others that offered more variety, if not the detail. Today those companies are about par with "Other" company detail, and their hard earned customer loyalty went down the toilet.

They may be still profitable, but they were at one time at the top, and will never achieve that status with collectors again.

My 5,500 and 8,500 cents.

On a somewhat related topic, I got a email teaser from Past time hobbies about a new special release upcoming from them. Any thoughts on if its a Diamond Plate ladder for Chicago?? I would buy that in a second.

They only run a handful of Seagrave Ladders.

Wonder if they retool the Massport or O'Hare Pierce Tower and do Truck 10. Truck 10 had posted on their website that they sent pix of the truck to Code 3. That was a while ago.

We'll see. I thought the last PTH release--the Green ALF was a total bust--but it sold out so what the heck do I know!

chicago does still run seagrave ladders but they are all single axles

Pumper already sold out.....unbelievable.....

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)