Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad 61 for 10 bucks ???

Yes, $10, but the shipping is $200.
This guy has certainly covered his post and handling costs ????

Re: Squad 61 for 10 bucks ???

Sorry, forgot the link,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-32-CODE-3-FDNY-Squad-61-Diamond-Plate-Series_W0QQitemZ200075483326QQihZ010QQcategoryZ7311QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pete....You missed the reason for the expensive shipping, the scale is listed as 1:10. For a piece that big, $200 is certainly very reasonable!! I doubt if there are any more at that scale, so quite a bargan........

Yep, He will save on the fees that Ebay charges, as I don't think they apply to the shipping charges.

Come on, whatever the listing says, we all know that the Diamond Plates aren't 1:10th scale, they're 1:32nd. Granted, shipping from overseas would be expensive, but I've seen sellers charge about $35 for a 1:18th scale SUV from China. This guy clearly is trying to gyp eBay out of the fees he'd have to pay if it was listed and sold at a normal price for this - or else he thinks someone is dumb enough to think they're getting a bargain and buy it now before they look at the shipping costs. Since it's coming from China, he may even have ripped it off from the factory. Wonder if it comes in the regular Code 3 box with all the paperwork? Doesn't say, but often these are unboxed factory ripoffs.

Dick,

These models are not ripped off from the factory, these are rejects with defaults sold for some bucks to local vendors (this happen in each factory in China)

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)