Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ahrens Fox VC

Searching the total lenght of a Ahrens Fox VC pumper.

Thanks.
Patrick.

Re: Ahrens Fox VC

The best I was able to come up with was the wheel base for the VC which was about 163". Got the info from a book entitled "AHRENS-FOX - The Rolls Royce of Fire Engines". I think you could figure about 30" more from the front bumper to the center of the front tires and perhaps another 72" from the center of the rear tires to the end of the tailboard. That's a total of 265" or a bit more than 22 feet for overall length. Can anyone else confirm?

Thanks a lot Charlie I miss this Bible on the Foxes I plan to buy one but the last I found was $ 500.00 and not too good.

I was just curious to know if the AF VC pumper is smaller than thje HT; perhaps a little stupid...

Patrick.

I would say it is a bit smaller. Remember the VC had a midship mounted centrifugal pump where the HT was the front mounted piston pumper. Overall I think the HT was a much heavier rig. The Boonton, New Jersey rig that Yat Ming is coming out with is a VC.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)