Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New prototypical E-One pumper coming out???

Sorry, not diecast related (but would be a potential model for Code 3 some day?), but does anyone know anything about a new pumper coming out soon from E-One? Supposedly it will be a totally redesigned truck, so I was wondering if it will be something similar to the Pierce Velocity. I'm guessing so, since the competition to come out with a 2007 EPA-compliant truck has been heating up amongst fire apparatus manufactuers.

Re: New prototypical E-One pumper coming out???

I forgot to mention that this new E-One rig will be unveiled at this year's FDIC.

Can everyone say Daytona?

Daytona.

Daytona

Let's hope it's NOT another Daytona!

Lot of talk about E-One relocating away from Ocala, lot of it appears to be an effort to get a better deal from the locals. My wife's brother-in-law is a developer in the Savannah, GA area, and they have been told that E-One is looking seriously at comeing up the the Savannah area along either I-95 or I-16 in Bryan or Chatham counties. Shud be interesting!

Wouldn't surprise me at all. GA has been trying like mad to get something like that in the area since the deal with Daimler-Chrsyler for a new plant fell through in 2002. It's a great location and I'm sure that taxes are much lower than down in FL. It's a good location with access to 2 major interstates for shipping their products and receiving parts. Lots of undeveloped property away from the coast.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)