Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Athearn New 1/87 vehicles

I just went on the 1/87th Vehicle site and saw that Athearn is bringing out a 1968 Ford Fire engine. If you want to see for yourself go to
http://1-87vehicles.org and see. Athearn strikes again.

Re: Athearn New 1/87 vehicles

mjl

Great looking model! Our fire department's first new engine was a 1968 Ford 'F'/ ALF pumper. Drove it many times, had a very large steering wheel since it did not have power steering. Also had a two speed rear axle. 750 GPM pump and 750 tank. It now serves a volunteer county department south of us. Did not have a front mount pump, but it has the makings of a good kit bash. 3 cheers for Athearn!

Nice model, but I wish Athearn would also do a modern rig as well.

yea, modern rigs and make em' bigger too !. i guess it's just me. LOL

I say keep cranking out the oldies! Having grown up in the fifties, guess I'm prejudiced. I'd like to see a good ALF 700 series open cab engine and mid-ship ladder, or a REO CD rescue rig. Hope they use the Ford Chassis to do a conventional pumper with mid-ship pump. Hope the Ford appears in the future as a 1:50 scale. If nothing else as a box van, stake bed, etc. that could be kit bashed.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)