Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ladder 10 Arrived

VERY nice addition to the Diamond Plate roster. Solid release, and with a ladder construction that seems a bit more realistic than the thin-metal of the Franklin Mints. Here's mine in the case:

mjl

Re: Ladder 10 Arrived

I agree!

Mine arrived today and it is well done. The ladder is much stronger than I had imagined it would be also. Nice interior detail and the mural is very well done.

Nice addition would have been to have the two diamond plate tool boxes open with some equipment inside.

I've waited a long time for a Diamond Plate ladder from Code 3 and I have to say the wait was worth it.

A couple of questions:

1. What is the black object mounted over the drives windshield?

2. The grab handles at the cab doors appear to be mounted the wrong way. Shouldn't they be mounted coming out from the cab? Mine are mounted coming from the rear of the recessed area. You would not be able to put your hand around them the way they are mounted.

Re: Ladder 10 Arrived

So I have been looking at the photos on the Code 3 site and the model shown has the grab handles mounted the same way as mine so maybe that is the intended way.

The photos also show the two tools boxes open. I don't want to break them try - are they suppose to open? Has anyone opened theirs?

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)