Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gearbox - New Casting.

Looks as though Gearbox are not going to let the new 1/43 scale cars from First Response Replica's (Diecast Direct) have the show to themselves. Gearbox have announced they will also be doing a 1/43 version of the Dodge Charger. The cars are due for release later in the year.
On another note, First Response have not released any further news about their line of emergency cars for over a month. About time they let the collector know whats happening with this much anticipated line.

Re: Gearbox - New Casting.

Its nice to see some competition in the 1/43rd cop car market. I've always bought Gearbox blanks as they are a cut above Roadchamp or Welly. And I would buy some blank Chargers.

I've seen the First Response Maryland issues on the Policecarmodels web site, and they do look very well made. I'm willing to purchase when and if they make something I do collect, or a blank version.

These are Spark (resin) versions of the Durango. A nice model, but costly. Hopefully one of these photos will post.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g185/CFDBASHER/FDEP%20MODELS/X2.jpg

Not bad at all Chuck. The FDLE are an agency that you hear little about.

The FDEP decals were produced by Chris Sciolino (njtonc@msn.com). He also sells decals and finished cars on ebay as dso109. Very honest guy, and an Police Officer from in Virginia.

Really a top shelf product. Chris has FDEP decals in the older pre 2007 STATE OFFICER script, and the newer 2007 STATE LAW ENFORCEMENT script. Plus other agencies. Really excellent quality, perfect color match (gold and black), and they hold up to MICROSCALE MICRO SET solvent. No runs, no fadding, no disolving, but they are thin and tough so you don't get a decal line that totally ruins the look on the model. I've used his products on over a dozen conversions, and never had to use a spare decal due to failure. Something to consider when you have to get a decal to conform to curves and depressions. His are definately the best decal products I've used in fifty years of modeling.

Chuck

You need to make your jeep Chuck

LIME IS PRIME

Hey LIME GUY, how are you doing? My Jeep died at 99,699 miles, and I may be getting a Ford Escape Hybrid (dark grey), or a hand-me-down. They said I don't need a fast car, and after wrecking a Bronco (jumped RR tracks, almost), CV (blowout/rollover), and 1st Jeep (in canal, but saved State a carwash) over the years, I'm lucky to get anything without peddles.

By the way, only standing room tickets for Red Sox Grapefruit League. Everything sold out over a week before opening day (last Wednesday). May try to snag some complementary from local Sheriff.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)