Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NO LIGHTBARS-NO MORE PURCHASES

Beware of some dealers who sell those GEARBOX black & white unmarked CVs. I recently purchased three cars, and two did not come with the set of lightbars. I won't mention name (DIECAST DIRECT, oops), but will never purchase from them again.

Re: NO LIGHTBARS-NO MORE PURCHASES

Chuck.....

Before you write DD off.....May have been a mistake on their end--there are 2 versions of the white CV--one is a customizer the OTHER is a white slicktop with no lightbars included (Item #GB27293). Now it says "pre-order" for the slicktop, but maybe they slipped a few in. Check the model # and (you probably already did this) but see if there are pre-drilled holes in the roof.

They are good at refunding for any issues. I had a problem a few years back and they hooked me up.

Good luck!

Can't be the slicktops...they are not even here from China yet.

No, they were Black & White units, not slicktops. One box had the bag of lamps, the other two did not. I didn't check to see if tabs had been opened first, but odd to get two boxes from factory without bag of lamps.

I'm hesitant to jump into this, but I only do so because I've had good experiences with DD...I hope Chuck contacted DD and gave them a chance to correct the error before putting out things like "beware of some dealers" and "will never purchase from them again." What, do you think one of the largest diecast retailers in the US is opening the boxes and removing the bag of lightbars so they can use them or sell them? Probably they got a couple of cars from Gearbox that the Chinese forgot to put the lightbars into. I seriously doubt they open every box to see if the lightbars are in there. Chuck, if you did contact them and they refused to make it right, then flame on...

Dick, I don't expect Diecast Direct to open and check every box. I do hope someone sees this comment from that distributor and in the future makes sure their manufacturer supplies them with a complete product. Quality Control is not my responsibility. I shouldn't have to send an email and ask for anything. My policy is not to purchase again if I did not receive items for what I paid. They all need to learn to get it correct in the first place, or I take my business elsewhere. I'm tired of having to contact 1 out of 5 sellers to get my order right. On the whole, quality has gone down the toilet. Its an epidemic.

As per that movie. "Im as Mad as Hell, and I'm Not Going to Take it Anymore !!!!!"

See Chuck, I agree with you about getting it right, but with so much "buy direct" and "dealer exclusive" the competition has dwindled and therefore when you deal with a business of one, you don't have any other options--except in your case which you vow to not buy. It sucks but we don't put a dent in their business--Code 3 is a prime example. All the complaining, poor service, etc.....they still sell out every month.

I miss the days of face to face service when people couldn't hide behind emails or automated services. The seller had to physically look the comsumer in the eye and try to make good on the problem. Sadly those days (although less than 10 years ago) are all but gone.... I feel your pain!

John, it is sad that there is really no customer service today. Why call, and get someone who just files your complaint, and they tell you they'll pass it on. They had no part in the screwup, and probably don't have an idea what you are talking about. Its not like they can call some counterpart in China and say that there was an error with boxes 236,890,001 and 236,890,002, so ship those lightbars to Chusk ASAP.

No more made in the USA folks. So lets race you down to WalMart for a deal.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)