Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For Those Who Collect MB and Hotwheels

Found at Wal-Mart;
MB Superfast Ladder 9 Marked E20 White/Red(low profile), and a '97 Tahoe Light Green w/ National Parks Forest Ranger markings.
HotWheels has re-released Old Number 5 in Yellow w/ a hot rod engine w/ blower. It's called Old Number 5.5

Re: For Those Who Collect MB and Hotwheels

Steve, I also found a Hot Wheels Old No. 5.5 in red at Wal Mart. There are some on ebay as well.

Thanks Rescue 131. I'll lQQk for the red...

Speaking of Matchbox, does anyone have any idea as to how many versions of the MB Power Auxiliary Truck exist? I must have at least 15-20 which include the standard MB releases as well as several special releases such as the Shrewsbury FD and Clearbrook FD rescues...

Thats a good question. It seems that truck re-appears every so often in yet another livery.

Mike: There are countless number of the Aux trucks made. MB had many versions. Also, there are company and organization versions. Each time I go to a toy show I see new ones.

also new is the mb fire 5 pack.included are a nice red ford expo.in red with a white&gold stripe that can be used as a chief's vehicle or fire support unit.
it also has a red version of the newer casting of a chevy medium duty ambo.imho this one look's much nicer than the white version.i did a kitbash on it and made it a dive-rescue unit.it already has a tow hook,so i hooked up my ho scale zodiak.i did some graphic's on a printer and added some white plastic tape to make it blend in with my all red&white fire dept.vehicles.i also upgraded the emergency lighting.
i had been looking for a suitable dive truck for a long time.this more than fit the bill.also included are the older international pumper and 2 unrealistic looking ladder.i have to say that mb has definetly made an effort to make a few realistic looking emergency vehicle's again.i hope they keep it up.

There are close to 50 variations on this model. Most of those come from 5 packs and special editions. This includes slight variations such as base color, tampo variations etc. So far in the regular line it has only appeared as a realistic fire model once. That was the first release in yellow. However it has been used well the aforementioned 5 packs and specials.

In recent years this model has also been available as a "blank" for use in custom imprinting. There are many unknown versions out there with the private labeling.

Jeff

I think the most unusual issue of this truck is one I have marked as a circus power truck. It came as part of a set back around 1992 or so.

jeff,i think my topic's point got slightly missed.it was about the fact that mb came out with 2 more realistic looking fire toy's.no aux.power truck in this pack.i still think 2 of the best variation's of that are the houston fire rescue and the acorn hill version.very nice paint scheme's and graphic's and lighting.

I was answering Mike's inquiry to the amount of Macks released.

As for the 2 unrealistic ladder trucks, both are quite realistic, just not American. The yellow is the British Dennis ladder and the red is a Japanese Hino. Yes this is a good 5 pack.

Jeff

Anyone got a pic of this set.....I tried to find one on Ebay.

I'm curios to see what the Chevy Ambo looks like.

JA

John: the MatchboxCommunity site has pictures of the fire pak.

There is a photo in this post:
http://www.mboxcommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31168&highlight=fire

Jeff

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)