Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very odd blue fire truck on the BQE today...you'll want to read this.

Hello,

Quick question, today I was on the BQE sitting in traffic at around 10:20am going towards Staten Island when I saw a blue rear mount ladder fire truck heading towards Manhattan.

Anyway, what struck my attention was not the blue color, but the writing on it. It had Arabic lettering on it. The truck was blue with a white stripe, white roof with pillars and had a white ladder, but the wording on it was completely Arabic, with the exception of "Ladder #" on the doors. Was this a movie truck? I'll try to post this on other forums but just curious to see if anyone knows what it is.

If I had my camera I would have taken a pic but that probably would have caused an accident.

Joe

Re: Very odd blue fire truck on the BQE today...you'll want to read this.

SIM SIM SALA BIM. I NEED IT TO REACH MY MAGIC CARPET. ONE OF MY MANY WIVES DROVE IT ONTO THE TOP OF A TREE.

ALLADIN

I guess the Taliban got their wish: to take over the USA.

My best guess is that it was an export item headed for the docks somewhere in the NYC area. Did it look like a modern aerial, or something 15-20 years old that would be used in a movie, TV show, etc..

Looked like it was about five years old. I guess it was going to be shipped out of the country.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)