Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: March Release

I was actually going to say something nice about Code 3 a couple of days ago - I had just received my Baltimore County ALF, a very nice piece highly detailed and well presented, certainly much better than the reproduced inaccurate and sorry stuff that Corgi have produced of late over here for the UK market....

Then ....

Yesterday I logged on to the Code 3 website and was immediately reminded that my membership is about to expire with the following message:

"There has never been a better time to be a member of our collectors club, which just keeps getting better. Why not renew now and enjoy the benefits for another year?"

Today, I find that Code 3's only release is not available through them but only through dealers where my membership of the club will offer me no advantage whatsoever - perhaps I'm just missing something ....

Why not CFD?

I'm sort of dissapointed that PTH didn't offer a CFD unit. I would expect maybe Westchester (a NYC store) to offer a FDNY retampo. If I were them, I'd have chosen something redone in Chicago livery, or from one of their outlying communities.

Wonder if Bill was told...We need you to make this Dealer Exclusive Re-Paint. It's FDNY,but it'll surely be a sell-out.

I ORDERED MINE FROM MARILYN SHE IS SUCH A PLEASANT PERSON ,WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT HER COSTOMERS, THERE ARE A FEW DEALERS THAT COULD LEARN A LESSON FROM HER .

Bill is the same way. Just a great person to deal with.

Back in the day before internet customer service and order direct I lived in Mass. and bought everything from Don Mills. Code 3 screwed him over pretty good. Not selling him a case of trucks instead setting minimum order requirements that were too large for a store of his size. So he stopped stocking them.

But it's funny, when they started he posted every poster advertisement for the next release, etc.... Someone, who I feel, helped them get off the ground.

It's unfortunate that these retooled/repaints just keep selling out. Makes for very little incentive to pursue new molds/models

It's going on a year and a half since I've purchased anything from them. If and when we ever do see the LAFD ALF Tiller, I may bite, but it'll probably be $90 and out of my range for a 1/64 vehicle.

Oh well.......I miss when I was younger and finding a new 99 cent Matchbox Police/Fire vehicle put a smile on my face for weeks. But they seem to be making a legitmate effort be making more realistic vehciles. The new (although not licensed) Chevy-like ambo, crown vic.....they look good. They just need to stay away from wild wheel designs and crappy painting. Now I say this, but clearly they are marketing kids so you would expect that. I DO sincerely miss their "premier lines."

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)