Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TWH Diecast making New fire apparatus line

TWH Diecast (famous for their construction models
(cranes, Dump trucks plows etc.) is now expanding into the 1/50 Diecast Fire apparatus models, they
have a deal with Pierce MFG.

The First release's will be out in Jan of 2008
which be Oshkosh Striker for 10 different North American cities

The Second release's will be out in March of 2008
which will be a Pierce Quantum Engine for 10 different
North American Cities

The Third release will be the Pierce Velocity
for 10 different North American Cities
no release date yet

Re: TWH Diecast making New fire apparatus line

Very interesting!! My only complaint that I can see is I really hope they aren't as pricey as their cranes!!!

Interesting news. Hopefully these models will be somewhat less expensive than their constructions models; I can't see sales being all that great if they're not.

Is TWH the same as Sword Models and DHS? If so, detail and quality should be excellent. I have several of their Oshkosh plows, and they are incredibly detailed models with a slew of working features.

Have any idea what city's they will be doing? i hope they will be doing a rig for Pittsburgh. A Pittsburgh rig is long overdo.

John

I'm going to answer my own question from above. TWH was the company that Sword Models/DHS contracted to produce their Oshkosh plows and Peterbilt 379's. The quality of these upcoming fire rigs should be outstanding, if you use the plows and Peterbilt 379's as an example of TWH's capabilities.

Yes,a Pierce Velocity,Sweeeeet!
The next generation of Fire Apparatus

It looks like their going to beat code 3
to the plate on making a Velocity !
Wait,C3 making something new

10 cities for the Velocity? How many have been delivered? For some reason I see an Athearn type release coming with this line. Same model with 10 different scheme even if they are not prototypically correct.

We will have to wait and see.

Jeff

Re: Pierce Velocity's their's alot of them being built on the lines in Appleton and their's alot on order. the first ones should be delivered by summer
to Eugene OR & Miami Dade FL

The Striker's, Quantum's & Velocity's will be limited editions of about 500 for each North American City and cost around $200 each. Each model will have
2 seperate releases of 5 North American Cities for
total of 10 Cities for each model

They will be followed with releases of a Pierce Ladder Tower & Larger Striker 8x8 Which will cost more and a Pierce Heavy Rescue is in the works

It would be very nice if a little research were done, and the cities depicted actually HAD these rigs, even if the details varied a bit. Just as a thought, Tampa, Florida has a flock of Quantums. (I'm also told they've spent mega-bucks just keeping those retractable steps in working order)

Is it just me, or does the Quantum seem to be more a smaller-department choice than a big-city rig? (Las Vegas notwithstanding.)

Only other comment: Too bad they're not going to be 1/87th.

$200 each!!! OUCH, still probably get a couple but still!!

Quantums around the ATL, GA area are experiencing the same step problem. Several rigs had the steps removed and fixed steps installed. Also had at least one F/F get a leg caught in one.

Some of department's getting some of the 1st
Pierce Velocity's are

San Carlos Park, Florida (2)

Golden Gate, Florida

City Of Hampton, Virginia

Stafford County, Falmouth, Virgina

Eggertsville, New York (2)

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)