Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
French built anti-tank weapon.

Such verocity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZPOfwVhokI

Re: French built anti-tank weapon.

I read that the French Armed Forces required all new orders for Military Vehicles to have as standard equipment multiple backup lights, and white flags?

They only come with the Reverse gear and it is rated for high speed travel.

No, no, no, gentleman .... be nice to our frog eating cousins....all their flags are white cross on white background, all gear ratios in their vehicles are one forward and ten reverse in case of attack from the rear.

Hello, my name is Charles De Gaule (deceased former President of France). I'm am the Grand Charles, also known as the Worlds Greatest Leader of the Worlds Greatest and Bravest Nation. As a dead leader of the Worlds Only Great Super Power, I take issue with the reporting of yellowism in our ranks. So let me clarify our techniques.

First, we never Retreat. We tactically withdraw.

Second, we never Surrender. It is our brilliant method to tactically infiltrate our enemies ranks.

Third, I take offense that someone has described our Glorious Flag as a white cross on a white background. Our Glorious Flag is a Tri Color of Blue, White, & Red that has been mistakenly washed with too much bleach.

Fourth, we do not stink. It is our clandestine method to overpower our enimies (and tourists) employing natural aromatics.

Fifth, Dr. Phil is not correct that Yellow is out favorite color. But I'll get back to you.

Sixth, our national song is "Runaway".

Viva La Revolution. Let them eat Carrot Cake.

All kidding aside, one word should end the notion that the French are a nation of cowards:

Verdun.

Viva La France

Oh Steven, let me kiss you on both cheeks. You must be a Frenchman at heart.

Deceased President Charles DeGaule

LOL

I am part Anglo-Norman, going back about 1,000 years or so. Does that make me part French?

Steve, my all time favorite food is FRENCH FRIES. However, sine my problems, I haven't been able to have any since last may. Does that make me a a Franco want-a-be? LOL

Viva La Chloesterol

I see where you are coming from Steve....as long as it remains good natured ribbing...this country is well respected by the French and that comes from the deeds of our soldiers who fought in France in WW1. Go to the areas where our troops were and even now if the locals find out you are Australian you are treated as royalty...my Mum has three uncles buried there..

Chuck....no, that would make you Franco-American. Please don't limit yourself to the American culinary affectation known as "French Fries."

Franco-American haute cuisine is best represented by "Gaine Avec la Saucisse coupée en Tranchesor" (Spaghetti-O's with Sliced Franks), or the curiously colorless and flavorless "Macaronis et Fromage dans le Bidon" (Canned Macaroni and Cheese). Both dishes are far more complex to the palate than "Pommes Frites" (French fries). Many a Bronx-reared child (such as you and I) might recall a Corel bowl filled with one or the other of these delights. If we were really lucky, and there was an extra dollar or two in the grocery budget, perhaps Chef-Boyardee Ravioli or Beefaroni would be on the menu. I actually loved that stuff.

And yes, GC1, my great grandad (Lancashires) is somewhere around Beaumont-Hamel, and and one of his sons (my great uncle) is somewhere out in Flanders. We don't know where.

Hello

Steve, even though I may be a Bronx Boy from Revere Avenue, near Fordam Road, I would never be allowed to eat Chef-Boyardee products at home. I did get to taste that fine cuisine at Vincenzo Porcelli's house at lunch. My Grandma would have skinned me alive if she had ever found out. At the time, such pre-prepared foods were a luxury and a waste of money. I can imagine what she would have thought seeing the price of a repainted/reissued Code 3 diecast (besides turning over at wrap speed in her grave) in my display cabinet?

And I have nothing against the French. They helped us during our fight for Independence (hey, I saw that movie with Mad Mel Max). And I shop at their Premier Department outlet every once in a while. "Tar'gett"

LOL

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)