Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Corgi gossip.

A bit of gossip I picked up at my local diecast retailer, was that corgi has dropped at least 180 items from the coming years catalog, these are now marked as "deferred".
The list was too long, and only numbers, so I did not browse thru it.
Corgi are trying to give the impression that they have "joined forces" with another 2 companies, but the rumour is that in reality, another 2 companies has stepped in to hold corgi up.
The rumour is also strong that there will be no more "dumping" of unsold lines, so that means the edition run will be for less quantity in the future.

Re: Corgi gossip.

Heard a lot of strange thinks on Corgi from English retailers...
Just has news from Corgi marketting coordinator, she told me all the models preview will be done; she told me the Boston FD Ahrens Fox will be for late March; the Boston Fd Seagrave Sweetheart for late April.

And normally the Peter Pirsh from Memphis FD is due at the end of April. She will keep me posted if it's running late.

Hope it's the truth.

Patrick.

One of the guys in my diecast club just reported in our newsletter that Corgi International has merged with Master Replicas, Inc, of Walnut Creek, CA. Corgi HQ will continue to be in Hong Kong, with offices in Chicago, Walnut Creek and the UK. Corgi expects to increase its product licenses, collectible categories and product range. The Master Replicas side will include non-automotive-related products like Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Wars (sound familiar from any "other" company?). Corgi will retain the "Corgi Classics brand and will produce more vehicles and a line of figures (I see that the latest catalog from Diecast Direct has some comic book figures from Corgi). Another brand name called Cards, Inc, will produce licensed products for gift and toy outlets. A lot of this info is sketchy, but that's all that was in the newsletter.

I checked a UK website today (www.goldstarstockists.com), there they have a large list of CANCELLED models, lots of Vanguards and UK issues, from the US catalog they showed several planes and 1/50 tanks, but none of the Fire trucks were on this list. Too bad Corgi is not more forthcoming with information, not even to dealers yet. No information about any cancellations is to be found on their US or UK websites yet

Talked to our Corgi USA rep today, he said nothing has been dropped, the lists on UK sites are incorrect...??

Just received the new catalog in my mail box this morning all the fire models are there.

Patrick.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)