Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Code 3 L10 Acrylic Cover

Received the FDNY L10 Acrylic Cover today via FEDEX here in Sunland, CA.

Re: Code 3 L10 Acrylic Cover

does the cover have a base to it or does it just sit over the dimaond plate like a cake cover? also in your opinion is it worth the money from Code 3 or is there any other place to get these?

I just got mine. In my opinion it's a waste. There is no bottom cover so those of us that like to use the cover without the diamond plate base will have to set it on your desk, table or whereever and keep it on the bottom. No stacking it on top of other DP's unless it's got a complete flat spot for the cover to sit on. That's my opinion. Better finding a cover from someone else

Try www.casesforcollectibles.com, have a good selection of display cases

I USE TO SPEND ANYWHERE FROM 50 TO 80 DOLLARS FOR A DISPLAY CASE .FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS I HAVE BEEN BUYING FISH TANKS AT WALMART FOR 10 BUCKS,WITH SOME WOOD OR DIAMOND PLATE TO USE AS SHELVES I CAN DISPLAY 2 OR 3 DIAMOND PLATES AND 6 OR SO 1/64THS . I HAVE THEM STACKED 3 HIGH WITH THE BOTTOM OF THE TANKS SERVING AS COVERS FOR THE ONE ABOVE. AT THE TOP OF THE 3 I HAVE A PIECE OF DIAMOND PLATE COVERING THE TANK. THAT ALLOWS ME TO PLACE OTHER LARGE MODELS ON THE DIAMOND PLATE AND THEY DONT ROLL OF BECAUSE OF THE GROOVES .AND WITH A LITTLE FELT BETWEEN THE TOP OF THE TANK AND THE NEXT TANK IT PROVIDES A DUST FREE SEAL . PLYWOOD CAN BE SUBSTITUTED FOR DIAMOND PLATE

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)