Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THEY ALSO SERVED

I JUST GOT MY COPY OF JACK CALDERONES NEW BOOK THEY ALSO SERVED. IT IS A GREAT HARD COVER BOOK WHICH FEATURES 208 PAGES LOSDED WITH COLOR SHOTS OF A HISTORY OF THE NON MUNICIPAL FIRE DEPARTMENTS IN NEW YORK CITY IT IS AVAILABLE THRU FIRE APPARATUS JOURNAL OR CAN BE ORDERED FROM MARILYN AND GILS FIRE STATION AT 1-518 943-4391

Re: THEY ALSO SERVED

Yes, good book. Great selection photos and a TON of textual information. Really comprehensive. One caveat, the quality of the photo reproduction varies more than the usual FAJ publication. There are some blue-toned color shots here, some darker shots there. (Curiously, some of the darker shots include contemporary photographs, suggesting an oops in the exposure levels during production.)

mjl

Re: THEY ALSO SERVED

I agree a great book, just got a box full via the UPS folks. I was especially interested in the PONYNJ part about the ARFF units and the volunteer depts still serving in NYC. Little pricy, but worth it.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)