Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Response - News

Diecast Direct have released an extended list of vehicles that will be avaialable in June/July 2007. Ans Chuck, they must have listened to you as there is now an unmarked silver Crown Vic in this list. Pretty exciting as even some of the old tried and proven releases such as the California HWP, will be a slick top. Which is a new concept from 1/43 factory released models. So here is the list.

1941 Ford Casting.
CHP.
Connecticut State Police.
Florida HWP.
Illinois SP.
Iowa SP.
Maryland SP.
Michigan SP.
Nebraska SP.
New Jersey SP.
2 x versions of New York SP.
Oklahoma HWP.(Would be nice to see a 2007 Ford Crown Vic as well)
South Carolina HWP.
Tennessee SP.
Texas DPS
Virginia SP.
Wyoming SP.
2007 Ford Crown Vic.
CHP Slick top.
Connecticut SP (Unmarked version)
Florida HWP Slick top.
Indiana SP.
Michigan SP.
New Hampshire SP.
Ohio SP.
Unmarked 2007 Crown Vic's.
Black.
Blue.
Black and White.
Gold.
Silver.
White.
Pretty good news all round. Hope there are plenty more to come. No word as yet on the 2006 Chargers.

Re: First Response - News

Good news indeed. I will definately purchase a couple or six of the silver CVs for conversions, and probably a couple of the FHPs also.

Any word on the prices? Thanks for posting

15 bucks each for the '41 Fords and 17 for the Crown Vics http://www.diecastdirect.com/asp_modules/catalogmfg.asp?Mfg=FR

Chuck,

I will be getting one or six of the black and whites. They will look nice as a couple of San Diego PD, San Francisco PD and LA County Sheriff cruisers.

Dick, thanks for the link. I will probably purchase a dozen or more of the models. Chuck

Manny's Diecast, Police Car Models and Walt Conroy will also be carrying this line.

It was originally posted that all of the blank cars were going to be "slick tops", giving custom makers the option to glue a light bar on or drill holes. Does anyone know if this is still the plan?? I think that is an outstanding idea! I would much rather glue one on then have to fill, sand, and repaint a car with roof holes just to make a slick top. Talk about doing it right the first time! I sure hope that DD comes through for us. This new line is sounding very promising

I also hope they have future plans of releasing the blue & gold of The West Virginia State police. WV has a very sharp looking car. Also are there any plans yet fro any big city cars.

Take Care
John

On another site I read that they have no plans of producing cars that are already out there (ie: Gearbox) unless they have new graphics, like the Indiana cars. And what we see on this list is all that is planned for this year.

This is a good thing....It will give a much needed shot in the arm to the Police Diecast market...The blanks alone are worth the wait. There will be many more Dodge Chargers made than Ford Crown Vics. The statement about no "re-doing" cars out there refers to not flooding the market with the same Ford Crown Vics done already. It looks like a good year.

Ed

I am hoping that Diecast Direct will continue to release other castings as the series develops. Time will tell I guess. Cars such as Diplomats and Gran Fury's need to be done. They are certainly aware that flooding the market place with Crown Vic's etc is not the way to go.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)