Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Corgi Boston Ahrens Fox

Someone has one of these on e-bay. Are these out now?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280095327263&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Re: Corgi Boston Ahrens Fox

It's out and available. I know Westchester has them.

Nice realisation with single wheels on the rear like the actual rig, I would liker they put the deck gun but they don't.

Patrick.

The Boston Ahrens-Fox HT was delivered in 1933 and at that stage they ran with single tires front and rear. I have a copy of the Ahrens-Fox delivery photo and it did not have a deck gun at that time and in a photo taken after it was moved from E-50 to E-26 there still was no deck gun mounted behind the front seat. The engine was retired in 1960. I have no further word on its disposition. I believe that I am correct in saying that it was the only Ahrens-Fox engine that BFD ever had.

Yes I think it was the only one.

I got a pic with a deck gun with E 50 markings; I got also a factory pic without deck gun.

Patrick.

The Corgi Ahrens-Fox Model HT was modeled on a 1947 at Morristown, NJ, which Morristown still has. Boston's Ahrens-Fox was 1936, not 1933, and it was a Model BT, not HT. And yes it was the only Ahrens-Fox Boston Fire Dept. ever owned. My uncle Robert accompanied the Ahrens-Fox delivery engineer Ellwood Yoho on delivering it to Boston in 1936. The Model HT had a Hercules motor (6 cylinder, 935 cubic inch) and 1000 gallon per minute pump. Model BT had Ahrens-Fox's own motor (6 cylinder, 1140 cubic inch) and 1250 GPM pump. Only 6 Model BT pumpers survive today (out of 8 built--Boston's was junked and the one at Chester, PA, was wrecked), and all 6 are in fully operating condition. 37 Ahrens-Fox Model HT pumpers survive (out of 65 built), but not all of those are operable.

I own an Ahrens-Fox of a type (called Model EC) where only 26 were built and 20 of those survive. I was the first person ever to restore an Ahrens-Fox Model EC from the frame up--now there are several REALLY nice restored examples around, and mine still looks realy great too.

Any way you look at it, the "Fox" is a rare animal!

Tried the link, says its been removed.

The link is 3 years old.

HH
The link is 3 years old.

Thanks..totally missed that. DOH!

Taters... This link might help you. Several Boston Ahrens Fox replicas accompany this link to e-bay.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=corgi+boston+ahrens+fox&_sacat=See-All-Categories

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)