Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nasty Side of the Hobby.

Just thought I would have a bit of a rant. With Diecast Direct releasing their police line First Response, it appears that some sour grapes have entered the field. As previously posted DD are to release a small number of Crown Vic's later in 07. One of the releases is the Indiana State Police. I have noticed on another site that some two bob operation want's Gearbox to do a Premier line of their Crown Vic's in Indiana markings for his business. Well all is fair in the business game, however it appears this two bob operation is trying to spread rumours that DD have not got the permission to do the Indiana car and are just going to do them anyway. Whats makes it even more of a low act, the two bob operation has then tried to post the misinformation under another name (just a hint for these type of people, don't post your dodgy messages at the same time you post one under your correct name advertising the fact you want to do a premier and need people to email you orders to see whether the interest is there).
Anyway, all the best to Diecast Direct with their line. I am sure with people like Dennis Deal at the helm of this exciting police line, it will be a success.

Re: Nasty Side of the Hobby.

As far as I know, Dennis Deal always has obtained official permission to make the cars that he directed, going back to his days at White Rose. For example, he was the first person to obtain permission from the New Hampshire State Police to make one of their vehicles (the '69 Fury that was a premium for buyers of the complete set and, later, the JetRanger helicopter). I told Dennis about the new Indiana cars after photographing one at the State Police garage last summer before they entered service. I did see the announcement about a Gearbox version, but that wouldn't be the first time that a department gave more than one person or company authorization to make models of their cars. Not all departments are like the Pennsylvania State Police...

Re: Nasty Side of the Hobby.

Dick,

It was pure BS what this person was trying to peddle.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)