Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
April Release

Nice paintjob, but overall, nothing special. I do, however, think it's interseting how they are issuing a release as a fund raiser......

Re: April Release

Its always good when Code 3 help to raise funds for various causes, I applaud them for that.
However, I will also note, that this cannot be called a club members "exclusive" as if there are some left by a certain date, they will go to dealers, and of course, you will also be able to get them from the Iowa convention.
But I dont mean to flame them because of it, I am only pointing it out, this model is for a good cause, good luck to them for that, I will be getting one anyway.

I agree that it's not spetacular...BUT...it does have a very nice paint job and for those who collect these special types it's worth it. Nice job C3.

I agree with John A that this April release is a little unusual. Code 3 has not been in the practice of working with individual departments as fund raisers. I have no objection to that as other manufacturers have been doing similar projects on a regular basis. A little research reveals that they are located in NW Iowa (www.fcfd.net/). The department was established in 1897. The pumper being replicated appears to be the newest rig. I support this venture and will add one of the models to my collection.

Unlike Police Cars which are pretty much bread box design with different paint schemes, wonder what kind of door this would open if Code 3 were to do what Police Departments did with Gearbox--meaning produce custom runs of pumpers for specific departments.

I guess this probably wouldn't work b/c the production costs would be significantly higher as would the cost of the model. But bigger city departments like Boston, Chicago, Miami, LA--departments where the number of personnel are close to the number produced may have a legitmate chance to sell out every time regardless of cost before they were made available to the general public.

There's probably a market for it outside of just folks like us that collect fire diecast. Most police officers and firefighters that I know that don't have a diecast car to their name have bought rigs specifically lettered for their department.

Put me down for one, At least it's an Actual Piece!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)