Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Athearn Fire Truck

Received a email from Athearn on April 6 that they will be announcing early next week a new 1/50th scale Fire Truck. Could it be the Rescue or the Ford F-850?

Re: New Athearn Fire Truck

Gotta be one or the other. the question is will they make it in Lime and whit ove lime and lime over white and lime with a white stripe and white over lime wiith a red stripe and........

My guess is the rescue as it will compliment the rest of the Ford C 1/50 Series...... Bonus if they lable one for Boston as their Dive Unit.......either way, a Boston piece will find it's way to my collection.

Any news?

Re: New Athearn Fire Truck Ford F-850

It's going to be the Ford F-850, due in August (No pics yet)

1/50 Die-Cast F-850 Fire Truck, County Fire #4 $39.98
1/50 Die-Cast F-850 Fire Truck, Rescue Co #53 $39.98
1/50 Die-Cast F-850 Fire Truck, FPD #207 $39.98
1/50 Die-Cast F-850 Fire Truck, County Fire #14 $39.98
1/50 Die-Cast F-850 Fire Truck, Volunteer Fire #3 $39.98
1/50 Die-Cast F-850 Fire Truck, Fire Rescue #7 $39.98

I have to say that I am disappointed by the news of it being the F-850, rather than the "C" rescue. I have very little interest in a "bumper pumper." 1 may find it's way here, but that would it. I've been looking forward to a 1/50 "C" rescue since they started doing 1/50 apparatus & I am losing hope in ever seeing it now.

I like this old volunteers fire engine.
Can't decide which one I'm going to buy; perhaps the 6 ones

Patrick.

I'm not going throw out hope that maybe at some point they will make the Ford C rescue in 1/50.

It just seems odd to me that they will issue 6 generic 1/50 models instead of keeping of releasing Ford C's for Chicago/Boston/DC.....

Planning to buy the 1/87 Ford F-850 but not the 1/50 scale.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)