Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Deferred Corgi Fire

Volvo Oxfordshire Water Ladder
Dennis f12 Burnley and Glasgow
Ahrens Fox 50 Boston
Mack L eng 22 Boston
Seagrave Sweetheart Boston
ALF 700 Anandale 8 Fairfax County
Pirsch Sedan Memphis
Pirsch Open Waukesha
Pirsch Canopy Milwaukee

Re: Deferred Corgi Fire

The Ahrens for Boston has already been released, such as this example.

mjl

Yes the Boston Fox is already available.
Got news last month from Corgi, all the Heroes Under Fire will be done this year but not sure some more next year.
The Seagrave Sweetheart Boston FD will be available late this month.
And also the first Peter Pirsh, the one from Memphis FD is due for end of April.
Don't know why a lot of retailers are telling all the models are delayed or deleted.

Patrick.

Patrick - If you go to the UK Corgi website you will a letter to all dealers that either defers or delays production of a long list of items that were on the 2007 catalog list of releases in all sections. The US models were listed as deferred with no production dates. Apparently from correspondence that others have received from the US Corgi team they are still planning to follow the original release schedule. We will just have to wait and see what happens. If any of them do appear on time or at all this year we will just have to be thankful. I do hear from friends in the UK that Corgi is in financial difficulty and may either be bought out or just close. Anything can happen in that case. I am glad that my Boston E-50 Ahrens-Fox made it and hope that the rest will follow.

The list came from Diecast Collector, a diecast magazine in UK

Doug yes Corgi merged with Master replica in 2006.
A lot of persons are living Corgi the director is gone on end of March I think and lot of other are gone since begining of last year. Corgi have cash problems as all the other diecasts manufacturers due to increase of China costs; labor, metal...
The last words I received few weeks ago from the marketing coordinator is E are going to realise all the fire models we plan to do this year all the rumors are false.
All the rumors are coming from UK.
If you go to US Corgi site you can see the Seagrave Sweetheart Boston FD is available and also the 2 sets of fire fighters.

Patrick.

Here is a word on the Corgi Forum by the Us director:
Hi everyone,

This is NOT TRUE. Here is an e-mail from our GM, David Davenport, who wrote me this e-mail in response to this rumor from the UK about the cancellation of these pieces:

Hello Alyssa,

I understand that you are receiving calls and emails from customers, consumers and distributors. The calls relate to a significant reduction in sku’s, particularly US related subject matter. This came to us by way of the UK account known as Jumblies Models.

I worked on forecasts this past weekend. We are going to “tie together” the US and UK forecasts for the purpose of production in China. The UK direction here does NOT necessarily dictate the decisions that will eventually be taken by US Management. As you know, I shall depart Corgi at the end of March. Between now and then however, Senior Management will be making decisions as to the marketing of North American appropriate subject matter.

Until this exercise is completed, all else is speculation only.

David Davenport

General Manager the Americas

105 West Adams St. ste 2050

Chicago, IL, 60603

Patrick.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)