Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Athearn to release 1/87 scale Haz Mat trucks

Recieved news today from Athearn that they will be offering the Ford C tractor-drawn (beverage-style trailers) Haz Mat rigs in August. Departments include Chicago, Boston, San Francisco and a generic "City Fire Department" with the number 33 on it.

Re: Athearn to release 1/87 scale Haz Mat trucks

$29.98 each is the MSRP

A definite no sale here, in any scale. Converted "pop" trucks do nothing for me.

No real appeal on this end either....anyone of the talented kitbashers on this Board could have repainted one of the pop rigs and added high quality decals--and done a better job.

It has the similar lack of appeal of the boley beverage truck lettered for USAR--BUT at least that was not a trailer--it's a perfect truck to relable as a technical rescue or mask services unit.

Good intentions, but nonetheless, not worth buying. I'll wait for their next new piece of fire apparatus.

Gee, I noticed a big difference in my pop when he got converted!

Actually, I'm not too fond of them either. Already made my own and they don't excite me either.

No Sale here either!

Gee, let's see how fast we change our minds and decide to buy them when they come out in 1/50 scale!

Well, scale does matter. at that price in 1/87, it does nothing for me. BUT for an extra 15-20 bucks in 1/50, I'd buy it b/c now it compliments my 1/50 squrt, 1/50 pumper and will look good near some of the Corgi models.....

So definitley.....I would be one of the guys that would change my mind. Mainly b/c 95% of my collection is 1/50 or 1/64.

Not in 1/50 either.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)