Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Posting photo - it works!!!!

Re: Posting photo - it works!!!!

Looks like an Austrian Pinzgaur??

Nice photo Kevin! How have you been?

That's a Pinzgauer, alright. Reminds me - if anyone wants to see a unique vehicle and happens to be in the Roanoke, VA, area, the VA Transportation Museum has one of the Pinzgauers that were acquired in 1976 specifically to transport the Declaration of Independence and other historic documents on a bicentennial tour of the US. It has a blue lightbar and American flag graphics. I have a photo stashed somewhere that I took years ago. About the only time this vehicle has been used by a US agency, other than by a certain US Army special ops unit.

You are right, it is a Pinzgauer placed on the run in 2006 at Burnham-on-Crouch fire station in Essex, UK.

Interestingly, the Pinzgauer started off as an Austrian vehicle and then the production rights were bought by a UK company, it is now owned by Armor Holding Inc. which I guess is an American company!!!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)