Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: anyone got pics from the FDIC ?

Cool !
Thanks Much !

Shot some digitals, but can't post em rite now. It was announced todat that they had set another attend record. Had several board members stop by and see me at the Braun booth. Pierce unveiled their new PUC(thats pronounced puck not puke). They were handing out rubber pucks & baseball hats. Rosenbauer had some more interesting Tech Drive trucks. Chrimson had a telescoping-cylindrical waterway mounted over the pump panel on a commercial chassis, don't remember the name ?? Not any diecast presence to speak of. Of course no Code 3, but also no Westchester either. One more day to go. Haven't seen Larry P. yet.

Hi Paul...

Thanks for thinking about me...this would have been my 36th FDIC in a row, had I made I this year...

Unfortunately, about 3 1/2 weeks ago, I suffered a heart condition while making an inspection up near Minot AFB, and spent the next 3 days in the ICU Unit at Minot's Trinity Hospital. It's been slow going ever since, and the doctors all concluded that I shouldn't go that far (to Indy) so soon after my 'incident'. And besides, when I told them about all the 'walking' that I would do, they all then REALLY put the brakes on the trip this year.

A bummer? You bet...but, considering the alternative, I'm alive, on the mend, and, Lord willing, Robyn and I will be there to be with you & all next year.

Please say to Harold & Helen, and the rest of the gang at the you-know-who booth...and we'll be in touch soon.

All the Best,

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Larry, hope you're feeling better! Get well soon.

As far as FDIC, the only place to buy Code 3's this year was at the American LaFrance booth. They were selling the Metro Dade ALF pumper and the new Baltimore County ALF pumper. Very disappointed that Westchester wasn't there or that outfit out of Windsor, Canada (I can't think of their name ).

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)