Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Latest model project

Here's an in-progress shot of a 1968 Dodge W500 that has been built into a small municipal airport crash rig. It is not of any particular fire department and will be lettered for the "Village of Tremont". Still a bit of work to do on the cab doors and interior.
Scale is 1/25. Cab is resin and body is scratch built. Extinguisher is turned aluminum. Pump panel is series of plastic bits and pieces, common pins and discharge caps from Don Mills Hobbies. Appliances are also scratch built. Tires and wheels are resin castings as well.

Re: Latest model project

Great looking piece!

TOO NICE [

Patrick

Charlie - This one is "OUTSTANDING"

OUTSTANDING!!! A FANTASTIC PIECE OF WORK.

That is one very well done crash truck of the type commonly seen at small general aviation airports. Your work is extremely good. Did you make your own nozzles (CO2, Rockwood nozzle and attachments) and if so how did you fabricate them. They look great. Would like to see a set of photos of the finished model. This is a sure prize winner.

Charlie --

Another work of art. I am in awe every time I see one of your creations. Do you ever display your models in public anywhere in Southern New England?

After seeing this model, I just went down stairs and threw every kit I ever built away, along with my kit building supplies....lol...I'm not worthy....lol....That is one awesome looking model!

Reply to Ed Creem

We will be having a model show on Cape Cod in September. Also there will be the 100th anniversary celebration for the Wareham Fire Department during Fire Prevention Week in October. I plan on displaying some of the models there as well.

Charlie -
Thanks for the info. I will look forward to seeing you at one or the other of those two events.

Ed Creem

Reply to Doug Parker

The nozzles are done with some aluminum tubing (bayonnet and proximity). The Foam nozzle was done with plastic tubing and aluminum tubing. It could have been scaled down a bit. The CO2 nozzles were done with resin castings and some wire for the shutoffs. Aluminum tubing was used for the couplings. Booster reel hose is electrical wire. CO2 hose is some detail wire I picked up at NNL East.

You never cease to amaze me! Beautiful!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)