Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ione-McGregor Fire District Station

The local fire station had an open house today. This is about the largest station in South Florida. There are four main bays, that can hold up to twelve units, plus a secondary bay for the EMS Units. Usually a Tower, three Pumpers, two Rescue-Fire Boats on trailers, Brush Fire Unit, and EMS occupy the bays. The Chiefs units usually park in front. There is also a large parking area for two semi-USAR Units.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Re: Ione-McGregor Fire District Station

How does the tower respond with the ladder extended like that, it would take out the power lines surely.

Re: Iona-McGregor Fire District Station

Opps, clicked too soon. Additional photos of rear doors to bays, and Semi USAR ("Task Force 6-Estero"), and bottle truck USAR ("Task Force 6"-Fort Myers)

Re: Ione-McGregor Fire District Station

Pete. I've always wondered why my electricity goes out right after I hear the fire sirens?

There are quite a few high-rise condos along the river, so each station has a tower and a rear-mount, and there are at least six ladders within five to eight minutes of each other. Home prices (and taxes) in this area are astronomical, as we are right along the river and estuary, on road to Gulf beaches and barrier islands, so we have very-very-very good fire protection.

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)