Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kitbashing Treasure Trove of Parts in 1/30th scale?

To All ATEV'rs...

While in my semi-recouperating state at home for awhile, I've negotiated for a toy/model/parts trade that could prove beneficial to some of you kit bashers out there...

Awhile back, Ertl produced four 1/30th scale fire apparatus 'banks' if you want to call them that...a 1926 Seagrave, a 1937 Ahrens-Fox, a 1948 ALF 700 Series, and a 1954 Ward LaFrance Conventional...and all were Pumpers. All came with 'accessory' packs that you broke apart (each one was unique for each model), consisting of 1/30th scale ladders, hard suction hose, 'subway hangers', spot lights & searchlights, sirens, Mars Lights, Federal Beacon Ray lights, etc. The suction hose was molded in black plastic; all the other pieces were chrome plated, and the accessory pack for the Ward LaFrance even had translucent red lenses & a red beacon. Bonus - I even have some parts packs for the 1948 American LaFrance 700 Series Pumper plated in gold!

Here's the scoop...these are sealed parts bags that I'm never going to use in a million years...maybe some of them, but not all...so I thought I'd put them up for grabs on the Board...

There are parts packs available in this deal for the American LaFrance and the Ward LaFrance; again, these are 1/30th scale. I will let the ALF parts pack go for $10.00 each, and the WLF parts pack go for $12.00 each, due to the two sets of parts in the WLF parts pack (1 set in chrome; 1 set in black, clear, & red). Prices do include USPS First Class shipping to you in a protected, bubble-wrap padded bag.

Low on funds? No Problem! Want some parts for kitbashing but groceries come first? Trades available! Just let me know what you've got to trade...

E-mail wants/inquries to toytrucker@msn.com, or, contact me on my home telephone # at 701-252-4770.

These are neat parts that not too many people realize existed, as they were packed just one parts pack in each 'bank' to supply the extra finishing parts for same. I'd say I have maybe 25-30 of each parts pack, so first come, first served.

Anyone interested?

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Re: Kitbashing Treasure Trove of Parts in 1/30th scale?

Already had one inquiry...caller wanted to know if the American LaFrance parts pack included the chrome plated McIntyre Deck Gun (ala FDNY style) that was mounted (centered) over the Pump Panel...yes, it's included. However, the Ward LaFrance parts pack also has a chrome plated deck gun included in it also, as well as two older style Floodlights (these are really neat!)...

Just to let you know...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

You can pick up the Entire Truck on eBay starting fron $4.99 up.
Some people just want to get rid of them. I know someone who has around 125(Entire truck) of these available for $9.95 ea.if purchased in Qty.
Probably $14.95 in 1's or 2's....

Hi Helpful Henry...

Thanks for your post...looks like we're now out of the 'money' game and just go direct to trading!

Of course when you buy on eBay, there's postage, handling, etc. in ADDITION to the cost of the item...

But that's why they call you 'Helpful', isn't it?

Got anything YOU want to trade?

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Nope,just trying to keep people from getting shafted for a Parts Pack when the complete truck is the same price.
Call it what you want, It IS HELPFUL!!!

Back to Helpful Henry...

Our town (Jamestown, ND) is hosting the 2007 North Dakota State Fire Convention at the end of next month...

If the person you know that has the approximately 125 of the various Ertl Fire Engine Banks is willing to let them go for around $10.00 each (the price you said in your post), please have him contact me ASAP.

We are still looking for (fire related) inexpensive prizes, giveaways, raffle opportunities, etc...

Please contact me with the potential seller's name, e-mail address and/or phone #. If we can work out a deal, this may be just what we're looking for...but, the sooner we can talk with him, the better...

Or, you can contact me direct, also, if you wish...

See, you really ARE helpful!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Yeah I are...

Back to you, Helpful Henry...

We have a committee meeting scheduled for tomorrow night to discuss our 2007 ND Fire Convention activities...

Still have NOT heard from you with your friend's name, address, phone #, e-mail address, etc. to contact him about his 125+ Ertl Fire Engine banks...

Is he still interested in selling them as you said he was in your earlier post?

Thanks...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

You were sent an email last night to...... toytrucker@msn.com

Have you checked YOUR email?? I just FORWARDED a COPY of sent email>>>
Still have NO REPLY from YOU!!!

Back to helpful Henry...

Got BOTH of your e-mails...BOTH went into the 'junk' catagory...

I gotta do something about this tight security we've got this thing cranked up to...yours is not the first time this has happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last! My apologies...I will call the person's phone # that you provided later on this afternoon.

Now...the phone #...is this you, or, the person with the 'stuff'?

Thanks in advance for your 'help'ful...Henry!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

'tis I w/ the stuff LOL....No apology needed.It's all good!!

Hi Larry,Not related to this post, but! Just to let you know Hallmark Web site has the fire truck ornament posted. It looks like ford f9 color simular to Chicargo.Hope all is OK and felling better.Thanks Joe in Hudson

To Joe in Hudson...

Thanks!

I hadn't seen this before...

Will use this in my column...

Thanks Again!

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)