Return to Website

ATEV Information & Trading Board

Welcome to the ATEV Message Board

This forum is for collectors of emergency vehicle models to discuss any aspect of the industry. Feel free to post comments on current releases, future models, items for sale/trade, or items wanted.

ATEV Information & Trading Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Visiting Fireman Book

Anyone seen book yet, or heard anything about it?

Re: Visiting Fireman Book

Richard.....Haven't seen mine yet, I would guess it would be out in a couple of weeks. Have been listed in the VF since the early 70's, sure is a great reference and a great guide to what's going on in the world of fire buffine!

Dick I was told it'll be about a month last this year.
Look for it sometime in May!

The VF will be a bit late this year due to some guy in North Dakota with a heart condition that couldn't get his part of the book in on time...

It's finally in (sometime ago) and I'm sure the book is either at print or has already come off by now...

For some of us, when the 'Book' arrives, the world stops for at least a day as it's digested for the first of many, many reads through...

Don't blame anyone else...or anyone at the VF...Steve and LuAnn are great people and all of us owe them a world of thanks for keeping this thing alive year after year and at such a reasonable cost!

And, as for that guy in North Dakota, well, you can never tell about him...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

Larry.....Sounds like that "guy" from ND might have been pulling some kind of "Snow Job". Sorry, couldn't resist one! Hope ur recovery is going well....PTT

If you were from Oswego, NY you could have blamed it on the late winter snowstorm!!!! Maybe we should have sent the heart team out and told them to use the paddles again just to get you going - you were in luck though because they would not make you bend over to administer the shock. We will be waiting patiently for the book and your good work. Hope that you are feeling better.

Thanks, Doug for the kind words...although it did take them three 'zaps' in order to get this kid jump started again...

As I think back in my career (and it's hard to believe that Richard Logan and I were both in the very first and same Medic Class in North Dakota back in 1972) and all the people I've 'zapped' myself, I would much rather be the 'zapper' than the 'zappee'...

But this time I've got the 'burn' marks on my chest in three different places to prove it...

Oh well, the book will come out, the sun will come up, and tommorrow will come...

Larry Phillips
TOY TRUCKER Magazine

We got ours today. Great Book.

It arrived in Downers Grove,IL Looks good so far.

Got mine today!

Sorry to have to ask, but...what is this book? I gather it's about or for fire buffs, but what's in it? Apparatus photos? Museums? Diecast? All of the above?

Dick, It's all of the above, Plus a directory of Fire Buffs worldwide. This is the 53rd Edition. It comes out only once a year.
I'm really surprised that more buffs don't know about it. There is a web site, but it's not in front of me right now!

Try www.Visitingfireman.com This book is a must for firebuffs,. plus some of the greatest people you would ever want to meet, are in this book.

I've used the book many times when traveling to call someone from the area I will be visiting for local informantion, tips and advice and I have never met a friendlier or more helpful group. Plus it has all the extras mentioned above.

Picked up mine @ the Peachtree City, GA Post Office this AM. Am going to take a serious look at it next week when I get some down time. Just looked on my fire book shelf, this is the 37th issue I have had my name in, gues I'm getting old! Larry P. you better get your toy column in early for the 2008 issue, no excuses!!!!

This forum will require renewal on August 3, 2009 (38)